Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

so are the octopus agile/tracker units predominately correlated with high wind/solar,
their historic aug/dec price increases had matched low output

52938318251_1ce2e060e1_h_d.jpg

hadn't seen these folks before
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our pioneering community, helping the planet and saving on your bills. This will be the first solar park in the UK to share its green electricity amongst its thousands of owners.
get someone else to install solar for you, take it with you if you move.
.... probably better returns than buying a part share in a racehorse

www.scottishpower.co.uk running dog-slow this lunchtime, trying to enter our final readings for our two deal deal that ends today... And it's timed out after entering readings, now saying we cannot enter readings more than once a day, wonderful!

Had Issues this morning too.
I do mine at month end to help with billing as they couldn't fit a smart gas meter.

Managed to get through in the end

Had Issues this morning too.
I do mine at month end to help with billing as they couldn't fit a smart gas meter.

Managed to get through in the end
After timing out once I'd typed our readings, it wouldn't let me enter them again online, so I tried the auto phone reading line for the first time ever... And it threw a wobbly at the end, perhaps because I typed our night readings first, as per the online reading entry.

So will try again online tomorrow.

hadn't seen these folks before

get someone else to install solar for you, take it with you if you move.
.... probably better returns than buying a part share in a racehorse

Ripple stuff looks interesting until you dig deep in the details.

Saw this great video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvMZBldnqk8 about it. Essentially bad idea.

I'll be moving house in the next couple of months and considering energy options and so far it's hard to beat running on Octopus tracker. Providing we don't have another global gas/oil issue like last year then prices "shouldn't" be as bad as they were last winter.
So far my best option without a crazy budget is to look at cheap battery storage that utilise batteries from EV's that are no longer at their necessary power levels (~£1500 for 9Kwh) and then charge them on Agile.

Probably won't change for a bit. Gas contracts are generally bought months ahead of schedule so whilst the demand is lower at this time of year there is likely to be minimal increases. The damage will come in the Winter.

Probably won't change for a bit. Gas contracts are generally bought months ahead of schedule so whilst the demand is lower at this time of year there is likely to be minimal increases. The damage will come in the Winter.
gas tracker is based on wholesale prices of the next days trading...not pre-purchased gas contracts

june often has periods of low wind, so we'll be using more gas, nonetheless looks like electric demand is low vs same time last year
solar generation doesn't offset wind.

on Norfolk coast at weekend wondering if we were looking at an LNG tanker .. need to install app for next time.

British Gas are evil. They moved my accounts in the last month or so, they didnt ask for an updated reading, i'd given them one end of April but not for May stupidly. Now when I try and add my reading it says it can't be what I am saying it is.

I also can't reduce my DD from £100 any lower, they want no less than £101 for a change to payment yet I am over £300 in credit. Then we have a slight reduced SVR price so why can't I reduce my DD.

British Gas are evil. They moved my accounts in the last month or so, they didnt ask for an updated reading, i'd given them one end of April but not for May stupidly. Now when I try and add my reading it says it can't be what I am saying it is.

I also can't reduce my DD from £100 any lower, they want no less than £101 for a change to payment yet I am over £300 in credit. Then we have a slight reduced SVR price so why can't I reduce my DD.
Cancel your DD completely.

Landlord is FINALLY putting up the Solar Panels today, and 4 other properties in the area :)
Property was graded F/G and to be put to standards, which is no surprise considering how many winters I've shivered under blankets.

Solar isn’t going to help you stop shivering in the winter due to insane gas prices, it’s still going to cost an insane amount of money.

Landlord is FINALLY putting up the Solar Panels today, and 4 other properties in the area :)
Property was graded F/G and to be put to standards, which is no surprise considering how many winters I've shivered under blankets.
solar will be great in summer - assuming it is you who gets the free energy.......... but hopefully they also improved the insulation as it sounds like that is what you really need.

I am a big fan of solar, but only after insulation and other cheaper things are sorted 1st.

Back
Top Bottom