Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

So Octopus is the one to go for? I have duo fuel with Scottish Power at the moment, not sure who is the cheapest. Would be better if i can do both together.

Tariffs are excellent, best customer service i've ever experienced from an energy company, so yep Octopus are market leading really.

Last edited:
So Octopus is the one to go for? I have duo fuel with Scottish Power at the moment, not sure who is the cheapest. Would be better if i can do both together.

Pricewise basically nothing between them all

OCtopus have some funky elec tariffs and trackers for both that are currently cheaper, but are volatile

CS seems good with Octopus

If its worth £50 to you switch and get a referral off one of the many of us here who are customers

This really depends how you can use the tariffs they do.

Octopus offer the best smart time of use tariffs, but without solar/ev/heatpump you're kind of limited to trackers, and they're cheaper now but they may not be in Winter.

Eugh, my first negative dealing with Octopus this morning.

My gas tracker is coming to an end and I've had an email saying to get in touch if I want to stay on it, so I've replied to enquire what the capped rate will be (my current 16p or the new 30p), and it appears I'm now stuck in an argument with their chatGPT bot, who is insisting that both will apply :confused::mad:

I apologize for the confusion in our previous email. I can confirm that the current capped rate of 16p/kWh for gas will remain the same if you remain on the Octopus Tracker tariff. The 30p/kWh maximum cap on gas only applies when the prices do rise rapidly,

Last edited:
Eugh, my first negative dealing with Octopus this morning.

My gas tracker is coming to an end and I've had an email saying to get in touch if I want to stay on it, so I've replied to enquire what the capped rate will be (my current 16p or the new 30p), and it appears I'm now stuck in an argument with their chatGPT bot, who is insisting that both will apply :confused::mad:

Just call them man, why are you fooling around with automated code?

Got my first bill from Octopus and it's correct, so unlike my first experience when I got SoLR'd to British Gas.

They have even applied Tracker tariff from the 1st July even though I only had a smart meter installed on the 11th, great.

Hopefully will have the referral bonus added soon as well.

Very happy so far.

Seem to have the lost the option to see the previous days total tracker cost since switching to both gas and electric. Before I could go to a tracker dashboard which showed the total daily cost but now all I can see is the standard consumption figures and current unit price.

I know I can work it out myself but is there an easy way to see daily costs or a decent app?

Last edited:
Seem to have the lost the option to see daily tracker costs since switching to both gas and electric. Before I could go to a tracker dashboard which showed the total daily cost but now all I can see is the standard consumption figures.

I know I can work it out myself but is there an easy way to see daily costs or a decent app?

If your an email person I use this.
Just get a daily email once you complete the form.

I tend to keep them for the month then delete all when bill arrives.

I track a little more closely since if gas gets very cheap I am better off exporting excess solar and buying in gas, below about 3.5p for gas I am better off diverting the excess solar to hot water.

Last edited:
If your an email person I use this.
Just get a daily email once you complete the form.

I tend to keep them for the month then delete all when bill arrives.

I track a little more closely since if gas gets very cheap I am better off exporting excess solar and buying in gas, below about 3.5p for gas I am better off diverting the excess solar to hot water.

Sorry wasn't very clear. I can see daily unit costs but I used to be able see the previous days total cost, can't seem to find that page now.

Back
Top Bottom