Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Give them a call their wait times are not too bad and set it up to pay what you use each month. Leaving credit around without getting paid interest is madness right now.

The credit will just disappear if they bothered to actually generate a bill. The direct debit is about the right amount.

He's banking on it going over 1 year and not paying the bill due to the back billing rules.
That year limit only applies, when a backdated bill is the fault of the supplier.

If they forget to bill for a year, its an interesting one, not sure how that would be interpreted for the rule.

Last edited:
That year limit only applies, when a backdated bill is the fault of the supplier.

If they forget to bill for a year, its an interesting one, not sure how that would be interpreted for the rule.
Well they have not billed him, which is their fault :p
Would imagine a nice complaint would help or at least get a decent discount after the 1 year mark.

Last edited:
Anyone out there still on Octopus Agile? It's come to that time of year where I said I would look to move away.

The last few evenings at peak times have been pretty high (I can't avoid them fully as I feed my kids), but it usually balances off well with savings outside of it.

Fixed rate with Octopus is still c27pkwh but I saw some speak of the flexible tariff. Is the flexi tariff as it says, ups and downs similar to Agile or is just the no exit fees?

Anyone out there still on Octopus Agile? It's come to that time of year where I said I would look to move away.

The last few evenings at peak times have been pretty high (I can't avoid them fully as I feed my kids), but it usually balances off well with savings outside of it.

Fixed rate with Octopus is still c27pkwh but I saw some speak of the flexible tariff. Is the flexi tariff as it says, ups and downs similar to Agile or is just the no exit fees?

Flexible is their default tariff, standard price for a long period and same price all the time
Its tracker your thinking of, which has a daily price, but no flex in costs at any time that day.

You may or may not be able to get onto tracker. They were limiting the sign ups.
You can get the following days price late on in the day, but it is I believe later than when Agile is announced.

There is the standard SVR which I think they call "flexible" and they put "follows wholesale rates", but those wholesale rates are the commit ahead one's. So same as SVR on other suppliers.

There is Tracker which is spot pricing like Agile, but the pricing is for the entire day so not TOU, it also has a different formula which lowers the multiplier but also has a fixed circa 7p applying to every unit on top of the multiplier. This means tracker will usually have a lower daily average unit price vs Agile unless the rates are really low and has no peak pricing at all. But of course Agile can save a lot if you take advantage of its TOU.

Tracker might be a sound move to avoid the high evening peak's whilst still (currently) cheaper than SVR. No exit fee's. But potentially up to two weeks to leave it.

As an example on tracker my all day rate today is 19p.

Last edited:
Flexible is their default tariff, standard price for a long period and same price all the time
Its tracker your thinking of, which has a daily price, but no flex in costs at any time that day.

You may or may not be able to get onto tracker. They were limiting the sign ups.
You can get the following days price late on in the day, but it is I believe later than when Agile is announced.

There is the standard SVR which I think they call flexible and they put follows wholesale rates, but those wholesale rates are the commit ahead one's. So same as SVR on other suppliers.

There is Tracker which is spot pricing like Agile, but the pricing is for the entire day so not TOU, it also has a different formula which lowers the multiplier but also has a fixed circa 7p applying to every unit on top of the multiplier. This means tracker will usually have a lower daily average unit price vs Agile unless the rates are really low and has no peak pricing at all. But of course Agile can save a lot if you take advantage of its TOU.

Tracker might be a sound move to avoid the high evening peak's whilst still (currently) cheaper than SVR. No exit fee's. But potentially up to two weeks to leave it.

Thanks both - I'll look into the Tracker :)

There is the standard SVR which I think they call "flexible" and they put "follows wholesale rates", but those wholesale rates are the commit ahead one's. So same as SVR on other suppliers.

As an example on tracker my all day rate today is 19p.
"Thank you for signing up for our Tracker tariff. I'm pleased to confirm that you are now live on our Tracker tariff, effective from 12 September 2023"

No wait for me then :)

I’m on Octopus Tracker for both gas and electricity. Octopus are trying to persuade me to fix my rate at a rate quite a bit higher than the current tracker.
Is it possible to see what historical tracker rates were last winter so I can make a decision?

I’m on Octopus Tracker for both gas and electricity. Octopus are trying to persuade me to fix my rate at a rate quite a bit higher than the current tracker.
Is it possible to see what historical tracker rates were last winter so I can make a decision?

When you say trying to persuade you in what way?
Are you registered as vulnerable or something?

I’ve received a few emails pushing a fix and every time I log into my account, there’s a note somewhere suggesting a fix. It’s not excessive but it got me thinking
I always went for fix tarrif but this days you are never know what they going to do i was lucky one just before all prices went up i got 3 years deal with EDF paying £115 a month untill september 24, now looking at the prices its scare me to death.

I always went for fix tarrif but this days you are never know what they going to do i was lucky one just before all prices went up i got 3 years deal with EDF paying £115 a month untill september 24, now looking at the prices its scare me to death.
That figure is meaningless, as an example I am paying under £70 a month on 2023 prices. :)

I expect your unit rates are good if the deal is old, but we dont know until you quote them.

3 years probably wont be seen for a while, and all the current fixes I have seen on offer are not enticing.

I'm still hedging my bets with Agile but I am in the fortunate position to tailor usage based on price but it has certainly had an increasing frequency of uptick during the peak periods. I suspect by the time I am ready to jump to tracker it will more prudent to drop on to the flexible or another product through the dark times of Winter. I'm reluctant to move away from Octopus though as I have a mini on the way!

That figure is meaningless, as an example I am paying under £70 a month on 2023 prices. :)

I expect your unit rates are good if the deal is old, but we dont know until you quote them.

3 years probably wont be seen for a while, and all the current fixes I have seen on offer are not enticing.
3 bedroom house with 3 kids i think this very good deal with out this i would pay well over £200 now and well over £300 when prices went balistic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom