Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

The problem is that in some cases, privatisation makes perfect sense and is the logical path. The other problem is that anyone who has done business 101 has been indoctrinated into the oversimplified idea that pure free market capitalism is the best thing ever and as long as you encourage competition and chasing ever increasing profits then that is what is best for everyone.

Utilities and transport are two areas where the margins should be tiny / non-existent if you want a good and sustainable system. Instead, they are run in a "worst of both worlds" hybrid system where we subsidise these companies in a lot of cases and protect them when their profit taking for years turns into losses and they unsurprisingly have no resilience to this despite making huge profits.

Then we have behemoths like the NHS which are public sector but run like a weird kronenberg monstrosity with strange autonomy to make bad decisions trust to trust and waste vast sums of money. This sort of thing then puts people off the idea of government run structures.

I do not understand how people can think that having British state-owned companies running our infrastructure is a terrible communist nightmare......

But having foreign state-owned companies running our infrastructure is perfectly fine. That's the system we have.

It's quite likely a death sentence for some people with no fixed deal or solar panels.

Stop being so dramatic. If these people had actually done something about it instead of leaving it too late there are meant to be 2 million households on standard tarrif for instance. If they had changed to a fixed tariff they would be fine for a year or two. Its not like they didnt know the price rise is coming.

Stop being so dramatic. If these people had actually done something about it instead of leaving it too late there are meant to be 2 million households on standard tarrif for instance. If they had changed to a fixed tariff they would be fine for a year or two. Its not like they didnt know the price rise is coming.

22 million.

And what do you say to the people on key meters who cannot change tarriff?

What about the people who we're with smaller energy company like green energy they had no choice, we we're moving when we got put with Shell Energy and took them 6 months to get our account.

I think we are at tipping point with a suspected 24% rise on top in October, unfortunately there is no easy way out of this. This will hit everything hospitality and motor trade as everything second hand is 50% more expensive due to chip shortages and fuel prices at a all time high, people are deciding either to keep their car or buy second hand. I wouldn't be surprise if we hit a massive recession

You haven't been able to get a decent fixed price for months now and millions of customers were forced on to the variable rate by energy companies going bust, including some big names. Millions more will have their fixed rates come to end before next winter when the costs will go up even further (hence the crazy fixed rates on offer at the moment).

This "I'm alright Jack" attitude really is ugly.

So much fail in one post, well done.

You haven't been able to get a decent fixed price for months now and millions of customers were forced on to the variable rate by energy companies going bust, including some big names. Millions more will have their fixed rates come to end before next winter when the costs will go up even further (hence the crazy fixed rates on offer at the moment).

This "I'm alright Jack" attitude really is ugly.

That attitude is rife in the UK, really boils my urine.

My fix runs out in 2 weeks and will be going on the variable standard tariff as it's the cheapest available right now.

I've been looking at things since November, but there has been no fix that appealed and things just got worse.

To plan for this you'd need a ****ing time machine.

The chap suggesting otherwise is either a troll, or a troll. Thread ban tbh.

Back
Top Bottom