Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

HEADS UP

410991579-10162012552291189-4310992826950712729-n.jpg

I don't understand.

EON just sent me a notification they want to increase our DD to £248.
We've been paying our usage and reporting our readings every month. We have some small arrears built up due to not being able to afford even the current usage which was hovering around £160 a month. I think they are trying to roll this into the direct debit.

Every time I call them its like the same circular conversation.
We don't even use our heating in this house, I just don't get it. Its a small 2 bed flat with 2 of us and we only have 1 computer and the usual appliances. We never use the TV etc.

They always just come at us with these absurd numbers, I just give up dude.

I don't understand.

We've been paying our usage and reporting our readings every month. We have some small arrears built up due to not being able to afford even the current usage which was hovering around £160 a month. I think they are trying to roll this into the direct debit.

We don't even use our heating in this house, I just don't get it. Its a small 2 bed flat with 2 of us and we only have 1 computer and the usual appliances. We never use the TV etc.

i pay less than that on a 3 bed semi .. 145-150 a month winter time .. summer maybe 90 ...

I don't understand.

That is a lot of energy for no heating and minimal use. Something must be using a lot.

I don't understand.

Change to Octopus Tracker ASAP.

move provider if you can pay off the arrears.

You should be able to access your own smart meter data and to evaluate your energy usage.
We don't have a smart meter for this flat.
Cannot afford to pay off the arrears either, they are currently sitting at £600. Were barely affording the current bill which is about £150/165 a month. I need to call them again and tell them we want to pay for usage only. The arrears stem from my mom being ill in the beginning of the year which lasted quite some time and I was unable to work for a few months.

Now I manage all our household bills on one income, she receives some benefits as she cannot work while going through her treatments.
We are purely electric, but have not been using the heaters as they have not been needed even recently as the flat is well insulated. I have one computer which I use mainly and one tv which we don't use. Typical kitchen appliances bar a dish washer. Our oven is being replaced too and weve not had one for a month and a half.

Like there is not many things in our flat that could drink electricity like these bills are suggesting...

I'm just so tired of this man I just cant cope with it.

I don't understand.

It isn't hard to understand - how much energy have you used?

@Allnamestaken
Do you have recent meter readings as well as readings taken around a year ago? If so, then you need to work out your annual usage with these figures to get your annual cost.

If your own numbers then match EON's, then I'm afraid you're going to have to suck it up or go further into debt. If the numbers are vastly different from EON's, argue the toss with them on the phone and tell them how you've calculated your findings.

I agree that smart meters might be the way forward for you, as they can show you how much you've used in £ and kWh. You can also use the IHD that comes with the meter, at time of installation, to find any energy hogs that you might be unaware of.

Last edited:
@Allnamestaken
Do you have recent meter readings as well as readings taken around a year ago? If so, then you need to work out your annual usage with these figures to get your annual cost.

If your own numbers then match EON's, then I'm afraid you're going to have to suck it up or go further into debt. If the numbers are vastly different from EON's, argue the toss with them on the phone and tell them how you've calculated your findings.

I agree that smart meters might be the way forward for you, as they can show you how much you've used in £ and kWh. You can also use the IHD that comes with the meter, at time of installation, to find any energy hogs that you might be unaware of.
Il do that. I just don’t understand how we a house of two with like nothing but the absolute basics in terms of appliances and one pc, we don’t even use the heating can be as much as someone else in a larger house with more people and more things using electricity.

Our water is heated by electric, so it may be that. It’s not clicking on and off though as someone suggested, it is on a timer atleast.

Im literally living as basic as I can at this point.
I just can’t cope with this along with everything else it’s too much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom