Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

If I was buying an electric car.. I would absolutely not buy a tesla. I genuinely think they look really dull.

I also think tesla has had its huge growth phase.

Sure could be more Pioneering stuff. But not sure enough to buy tesla shares

I agree.
I would only get a Tesla if I needed to use the public charging network on a regular basis - several times a week. The company is stripping out everything from the cars now, no doubt to bring the the cost down. Probably scope to reduce prices again at some point in the near future.

In terms of growth - when they finally get the smaller entry level car released (Model 2) i expect sales will sky rocket.

My Fix runs out the end of this month, Been fixed for 28 months, so been v lucky and on a good rate. I think at the moment just best to go to an SVR and hold fire until April and see if there are any improvements in deals in April?

What are peoples thoughts? Impossible to predict the future I know, but demand may result in drops in April?

The Model Y we have is cheap as chips to run and not that expensive to own via salary sacrifice.

It’s a very practical 5 seat family crossover ‘SUV’ with a tow bar for the caravan which also has ~400hp and does 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. It’s un-necessarily fast… and it’s not the performance model.

The design is not for everyone but it’s a well put together car for the money they ask for it. You can absolutely get nicer cars, electric or otherwise, but you’ll be handing over more cash at the end of the day.

Last edited:
i still haven't worked out agile prices (not that it matters as I am on intelligent octopus) however the grid is currently at £70 a MWH... however last night when I looked it was a 0.00 per MWH. surely last night should have been cheaper
It was, Agile was negative all night and its -2p to +1p today until 4pm.

Think they are quoting tracker prices.

Last edited:
My Fix runs out the end of this month, Been fixed for 28 months, so been v lucky and on a good rate. I think at the moment just best to go to an SVR and hold fire until April and see if there are any improvements in deals in April?

What are peoples thoughts? Impossible to predict the future I know, but demand may result in drops in April?
Octopus tracker if you can get onto it (with a £50 referral)
By far the cheapest at the moment (assuming no electric car) and has been the cheapest for over a year now.

Last edited:
Its actually 50 each. Octopus went out of their way when my mum contacted them, they said years back my dad had signed up (then switched again) so a new account couldnt be referred but the guy on the phone fixed it so my dad now passed away a few years would backdate referring my sister so we'd get both fees on the referral even though we'd asked for my sister to refer us they arranged it that way especially. Never heard of a company doing that, I do know someone who works for them now btw

8.13p here, time to plug the car in!

Does anyone have 3 phase electric btw, allowing 22kw fast charge at home ? doubt anyone does I think its a business thing, you'd have to live on an industrial estate or spend thousands upgrading

Does anyone have 3 phase electric btw, allowing 22kw fast charge at home ? doubt anyone does I think its a business thing, you'd have to live on an industrial estate or spend thousands upgrading
It’s possible to do at home.

If you already have 3 phase, go ahead and install a 22kw charger, however if you don’t, don’t bother because the cost to upgrade to 3 phase is usually £lol.

I’ve never though ‘it would be nice to have a 11/22kw charger today at home’.

No real surprise that getting up after I've usually finished my breakfast that my smart meter is reading higher than normal despite using less electricity. Merry Christmas! For the energy companies anyway

I mean, that is impossible right?

You pay per unit used, so if you use less then you'll pay less, it's not going to magically charge you more because it feels like it.

I’ve just bought an electric car which has prompted the change to a smart meter and moving to the intelligent octopus tarif. I have never taken an interest in our energy supplier previously as that was my wife’s job :D

I’m having an Ohme charger installed which can time/delay the charging process to coincide with the cheaper energy prices throughout the night.

Back
Top Bottom