Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Just been notified that my SC is up to 69p on Octopus Go from 55p. Daily rate is down from 29.6p to 25.8p

Give with one hand and take with the other.

No, that's a lie, they think I'll save £30 a year due to the changes.

Yup like others below, got an email saying octopus go was significantly reducing...

Well it's not. The overnight rate is the same and they've whacked the standing charge up by 12p which means by bill is due to go up by £12 a year. Go figure

As people adopt Renewables and reduce their consumption, due to a mix of trying to save money and environmental reasons, the energy companies have to secure their income/profit. A guaranteed way to do this is to increase the SC which is inescapable for everyone with mains gas/elec and is unaffected by consumption. IMO of course.
The SC was/is like 1% profit so unless that has changed then its not where the money is going.

How long does it take to change suppliers these days? My cheap fix with EDF is up at the end of the month so will be moving but don't want to jump too soon!
I believe you can initiate the change in the last 30 days of the fix; so now. It usually takes several weeks for the change of supplier to complete.

SC gone from 52p to 60p. I don’t know how they justify that sort of increase.

The daily rate has decreased but I do not use it, having significant battery and solar power.

I'm the same. Had my email last night. I read through it getting all excited....

SC UP from 47.954p to 61.268p so a £48.62 annual increase.
Day rate - never use it - down from 30.6p to 27.3p
Night rate - 99% of my usage - Same price 7.5p

Somehow they have calculated i'm now £16 annually better off.

I got the same although my SC has gone from 43p to 47.8p.

Not sure what’s going on with my account though, they have put a charge on my account for £145 for electric in Feb which is far bigger than what I’d normally pay. I’ve not had my bill yet either.

I had a 10kw solar array and 13kwh battery installed in January. I had some teething issues so wasn’t fully up and running until into Feb. In any case, my bill should be a lot lower!

I used around ~500kwh according to my usage tab and it would have mostly been at 7.5p so the charge they have made is about 2.5 what it should be.

I'm really going to feel that change.
I'll be coming off a 24p standing and like like jumping to a 60p+ standing.

So about 40p a day increase on standing alone.

So that's about 12 pounds a month on elec standing alone. Lol

Standing charge on GO up to 65p it was 25p 20months ago!
Just been notified that my SC is up to 69p on Octopus Go from 55p. Daily rate is down from 29.6p to 25.8p
My SC for IOG has gone from 47.9 to 62.3p!! But my annual estimate goes down £100
SC gone from 52p to 60p. I don’t know how they justify that sort of increase.
I'm really going to feel that change.
I'll be coming off a 24p standing and like like jumping to a 60p+ standing.

So about 40p a day increase on standing alone.

So that's about 12 pounds a month on elec standing alone. Lol

I shall respond in the same manner of the responses I received circa 6-12 months ago when I started complaining about the SC increases/problem - Suck it buttercup.

NOW the SC is a problem??... Oh the schadenfraude :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom