Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Inflation is not necessarily inflation, there is different type's of inflation. A few of us e.g. have commented in the past how flawed the official way of measuring inflation is.

Generally the government manipulate it to suit their own purposes, rather than provide a reasonable measure of inflation for the average person. Student loan interest is based on RPI for example so they have an incentive to push it up a notch, while trying to manipulate CPI to reduce it and make it look like they are doing a great job on the economy.

The best thing you can do is use one of those calculators to work out your personal inflation based on your own basket of goods.

Generally the government manipulate it to suit their own purposes, rather than provide a reasonable measure of inflation for the average person. Student loan interest is based on RPI for example so they have an incentive to push it up a notch, while trying to manipulate CPI to reduce it and make it look like they are doing a great job on the economy.

The best thing you can do is use one of those calculators to work out your personal inflation based on your own basket of goods.

There's a bloke in Germany who has been tracking his Tesla mileage for years, his Tesla Model S P85D has now done over 1 million miles, its on its 3rd battery so to get 300,000+ miles per battery is pretty good considering most petrol engines would barely manage half that, diesel may just about manage it but the wear and tear on the engines would probably require a replacement at that point anyway.

He also said that he most recent battery replacement wasn't a new unit but a reconditioned one that had 340km range, after 400,000km (250,000 miles) its down to 310km which is a 10% loss which is pretty good considering.

Last edited:
There's a bloke in Germany who has been tracking his Tesla mileage for years, his Tesla Model S P85D has now done over 1 million miles, its on its 3rd battery so to get 300,000+ miles per battery is pretty good considering most petrol engines would barely manage half that, diesel may just about manage it but the wear and tear on the engines would probably require a replacement at that point anyway.

He also said that he most recent battery replacement wasn't a new unit but a reconditioned one that had 340km range, after 400,000km (250,000 miles) its down to 310km which is a 10% loss which is pretty good considering.
Juist been reading about that and its more interesting then it sounds. The 1st battery had a fault at 180k miles so they lent him a loaner battery for 93k and then he did 700k on the 3rd battery? Before this EV he had a Tesla Roadster, which exceeded more 385k.

All these people talking aobut EV not lasting and only being able to do short miles before they die really need to get with the times. They seem to be outliving ICE cars.

That is pretty good to be fair

To be fair, he's also replaced the drive motor three times.

I'm impressed by the longevity of the batteries, but I shudder to think what he's spent. Just hope most of it is tax deductible.

Nothing, it will have had an 8 year unlimited milage warranty on the battery and motors on the original S&X cars.

I don’t think they landed in Europe until 2013 and the U.K. in 2014.

Student loan rate makes very little difference to 90% of students ability to repay it. It only effects those who have high jobs (eg above 100k).

:eek::eek::eek:

How the hell is that even possible?!
Some direct debits have gone up even more than that. But that's partly due to poor account management by the customer and/or provider. For example, not providing regular meter readings and allowing the account to fall into a negative balance. Suddenly the provider asks for a reading and the customer is landed with a walloping bill because they haven't read the meter for around 6 months, or longer in many cases.

I keep telling my family to get a smart meter installed, to remove the burden of reading meters manually. The provider can then take their own readings as often as they want and nobody has to write on their calendars or set alarms to read the meter.

Me being me, I have a smart meter and read my meter every month. This way I know where I stand in terms of usage and it makes online comparisons far more accurate and simpler.

:eek::eek::eek:

How the hell is that even possible?!

My guess would be coming off a fix at just the wrong time. Mine has gone up by a similar %, in March I was paying £115/month, my gas fix ended on 1st April and now £179. My electric fix ends next month at which point my monthly cost will be £261.

Then 3 months later I assume it will go up another 50% when the cap is raised in October. :(

I can probably knock quite a few £ off it to be honest, have stopped mining over the last couple of hot days and looking at the usage difference that should save me £15-20 month, we also were running a pool heater over the summer last month which wasn't exactly cheap, and can give that a miss this year! Also installed an extra 200mm loft insulation as we only had 100mm, with current prices that should pay for itself within 12 months!

Still vastly outweighs the £150 pay rise I got this year (most of which was instantly wiped out by the NI increase :mad:)

Back
Top Bottom