Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Nothing, it will have had an 8 year unlimited milage warranty on the battery and motors on the original S&X cars.

I don’t think they landed in Europe until 2013 and the U.K. in 2014.

First few battery replacements were under warranty, first motor was under warranty at 800,000km. Each motor after was at 200,000km so something up there which he also mentioned as the durability seems to be worse than the original.

His repairs were mostly covered by warranty, in total he had 3 batteries, and 8 motors. Cost ~13,000 euros, he also had the main CPU and touch screen replaced which cost 3,100 euros.

I suspect a replacement ICE would cost way more that that for a similar level luxury saloon, and likely require replacing more often.

He does admit it's cost him something, he just won't say how much. So I'm guessing not all of this was done under warranty.
I have to wonder what ICE car can do 1 million miles at not need some work on it. For me the main point of the news is the proof EV's do not have a short life span. Not in the nonsense 10 year range some people like to push.

He does admit it's cost him something, he just won't say how much. So I'm guessing not all of this was done under warranty.

Of course, he will have burnt through the warranty for the rest of the car within months and no doubt there will have been a bunch of ancillary stuff that needed replacing.

For example given the cars done 1 million miles it’s probably had its suspension replaced more than once

My September 2021 bill :
-11p/KWh electricity
-3p/KWh gas

These rates are lovely but mythical in this moment. I cant see them going back there for a long time - if ever now unless something drastic is implemented. I think last time I could get 12p a unit on single rate was 2017, its not been possible unless on a 2-rate setup for the 7 hour night rate over here.

Easy. There will be people on long fixes coming off now who were paying well under half the current price cap. Wasn't gas like 2-3p a unit before all this?

Edit.

My September 2021 bill :
-11p/KWh electricity
-3p/KWh gas
Very similar to ours in August last year before both our suppliers went under. Electric was 12.8p/kWh and gas was 2.9p/kWh :(

So you know one person in a small percentile at the top of earners in the UK and you think that's proof?
For the ONE person you know, there wtill be 10-20 who are about to think of renovations with a mortgage, or not, but will see the "trend" of interest hikes, many, or most, would have to take out a loan to pay for that kinda work. It will be those poeple going " Ya know..we should wait to see what happens here before we get into ever increasing debt". One of the biggest easiest indicators in trends in the building hosing market, when it flushes itself ya know why. Then, well, then supply and demand lessens, less fuel being used and energy over all, "cooling" the demand that's outstripping supply.
A lot of Banks aren't trying to fix "today" they are trying to fix next year.

We've been thinking on similar lines. We were looking to get a new kitchen this year, but with the material costs increasing, plus things like appliance costs going up - along with a general shortage. I'm quite tempted to put it off this year.

These rates are lovely but mythical in this moment. I cant see them going back there for a long time - if ever now unless something drastic is implemented. I think last time I could get 12p a unit on single rate was 2017, its not been possible unless on a 2-rate setup for the 7 hour night rate over here.

Just using them to show how people can easily be seeing 2x plus bill increases who are coming off fixes

We've been thinking on similar lines. We were looking to get a new kitchen this year, but with the material costs increasing, plus things like appliance costs going up - along with a general shortage. I'm quite tempted to put it off this year.

Until the new energy costs find a stable point it's sensible to put off this stuff.
It's totally possible for energy to increase another 100 a month. All of a sudden anything unnecessary becomes hard to justify

Until the new energy costs find a stable point it's sensible to put off this stuff.
It's totally possible for energy to increase another 100 a month. All of a sudden anything unnecessary becomes hard to justify

I'm pretty sure there will be some people who don't have another 100 to give.

Wouldn't surprise me to see minimum wage/single mother households working all day to go home to do nothing because they can't afford anything.

Of course, he will have burnt through the warranty for the rest of the car within months and no doubt there will have been a bunch of ancillary stuff that needed replacing.

For example given the cars done 1 million miles it’s probably had its suspension replaced more than once

Yes, I am absolutely not downplaying the incredible longevity of the car and the batteries overall. Their endurance has far exceeded the pro-ICE doomsayers' predictions.

I'm pretty sure there will be some people who don't have another 100 to give.

Wouldn't surprise me to see minimum wage/single mother households working all day to go home to do nothing because they can't afford anything.

Absolutely. How many people can't afford this?
How many people is it going to put into financial difficulty?

There are only long term solution and short term fixes. Nothing in the medium term seems like a medium term solution except to hope things settle down

Easy. There will be people on long fixes coming off now who were paying well under half the current price cap. Wasn't gas like 2-3p a unit before all this?

Edit.

My September 2021 bill :
-11p/KWh electricity
-3p/KWh gas

Yes, my fixed that ended in March was similar totl the above. Was really cheap.

It wouldn't surprise me if, come the Oct cap raise, the energy companies lump most of it on the SC as they expect people to dramatically lower consumption.

Can't have that affecting income now...
The amount that can go on SC for the cap is done by ofgem. It had a big jump last time round due to all of us having to cover the costs of the liquidated companies, in particular the lost credit balances.

However it turns out that was better for all but the lightest users, when I compared my SVR to what Octopus were offering me back in late 2021, it was a choice between lower SC and lower unit rate, and the lower unit rate the clearly better option for me and i am not a that heavy user either,

There was a reason for this. These suppliers went bust. Now everyone has a high standing charge to pay for it. You have to ask why the biggest of the big 6 tariffs are never at the cheapest, declare massive profits though YoY..

I was with British Gas!

Also got a years free homemade cover.

Back
Top Bottom