Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Wow coal has been increasing massively too. Just had an email about a price increase from the 1st Aug, so I looked back at what I was paying

March 21 - 87.50 / Qtr ton

Feb 22 - 105 / Qtr ton

Currently - 135 / Qtr ton with a price increase of another £90 / ton from Aug.

That looks over 9% inflation to me...

Soldato
Guys, are you as shocked as I am to find out that prices are not dropping at the pumps as fast as the would raise!?...Heard this on the radio they are investigating, I for one am shocked..utterly shocked.

Soldato
I'm moving to a new house with pv solar panels. Do you have to tell the gas and electric supplier that you'll be selling electricity back to the grid?

Soldato
Wow coal has been increasing massively too. Just had an email about a price increase from the 1st Aug, so I looked back at what I was paying

March 21 - 87.50 / Qtr ton

Feb 22 - 105 / Qtr ton

Currently - 135 / Qtr ton with a price increase of another £90 / ton from Aug.

That looks over 9% inflation to me...
I orderd 1 tonne as soon as the Ukraine conflict kickefd off

Soldato
I think those trickle vents have to be on bedrooms, but might be optional in 9rher rooms. Saying that every set of windows in our house has one, although we live on a cul-de-sac so noise isn't really an issue, I assume you guys complaining about noise live on main roads with a constant stream of traffic? I was just thinking about panels the other day, surely anyone making power from them should get paid the same generation rate that all these big companies get, as im assuming they pay a pittance anount then claim rgey generated it and sell it for the going rate (sorry if that doesn't make sense).

Soldato
I think those trickle vents have to be on bedrooms, but might be optional in 9rher rooms. Saying that every set of windows in our house has one, although we live on a cul-de-sac so noise isn't really an issue, I assume you guys complaining about noise live on main roads with a constant stream of traffic? I was just thinking about panels the other day, surely anyone making power from them should get paid the same generation rate that all these big companies get, as im assuming they pay a pittance anount then claim rgey generated it and sell it for the going rate (sorry if that doesn't make sense).
I don't have any trickle vents on any windows. If I want to have some ventilation I'll leave a window on the catch so it's open a fraction. At least I have the choice.

Soldato
ever since i got a new boiler fitted 2 months ago , which was an ideal he15 with a tank to an valliant eco combi , my gas useage has gone down to so much im now thinking are SSE will think ive got my gas on the fiddle.

Soldato
How much was the boiler?
dont know, its not my house lol

google suggests around £1200 from a google search. old boiler wasnt even broke, it just had a rusted flu which i was happy for them to just replace, they said thell just replace the boiler

Soldato
I assume you guys complaining about noise live on main roads with a constant stream of traffic?

Nope. I live in a caul de sac and back onto a park, aside from around 3:30 on a school day when the kids come and play for a bit its pretty quiet for human related noise.

However, there is a nice thick and dense hedgerow/tree line that runs behind my house on public land. It's great for privacy and it's also a great habitat for birds and as such an large flock of starlings live in it most of the year. While its nice to have lots of wildlife around, the volume of their bird song at dusk/dawn and all through mating season is just incredible.

Soldato
A bridle way, a main road leading to a business park, a gym right next door, about 8 large trees and a university full of inconsiderate *****!, how I've not gone on a killing spree is beyond me!

Soldato
dont know, its not my house lol

google suggests around £1200 from a google search. old boiler wasnt even broke, it just had a rusted flu which i was happy for them to just replace, they said thell just replace the boiler

Most generous LL ever?

To be fair my LL will fit boilers providing the tenant qualifies for a gov scheme lol, otherwise its storage heaters, they did a mass email last summer, which is what made me research all these schemes, I dont qualify for any though.

Two years ago I told my LL I was going to disconnect the boiler due to all the issues, and decided I didnt want the hassle it was causing, this seemed to cause a short panic and they sent someone round to do a quote for a new boiler, and I couldnt believe it, it seemed like a miracle as usually the LL fights for spending £40 on something. But a few weeks later they tried to shove storage heaters on to me which I told them to forget, and instead they ended up doing yet another repair on the boiler. £1200 really doesnt seem much for a LL who in my case has made over 80k in rent.

Back
Top Bottom