Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Caporegime
Typical Putin, I expect to cut all gas to Europe off in an act of petty revenge and as a weapon against us. We need to move to clean energy now.
Was always likely.
Probably his last card.

We are still buying his gas anyway.
China are buying it, using it to manufacturer, we buy chinas products.

Soldato
What I think will happen is there will be a fund setup to help those in energy debt, and the worst debts will get help, in effect we going to see something that rewards non payment, kind of like how discretionary house payments work where many councils have a condition you have to be in rent arrears to even ask for help.

If you got two people saying they struggling to pay, but one of them is actually managing to pay, whilst the second one isnt (even if its by choice), the second one will likely be seen as the one in higher priority of financial assistance with a debt write off.

My elder sister throughout her adult life never seems to respect the responsibility of paying bills, during covid she rang the council to inform them her council house rent will be late, they proceeded to give her help from a council covid support fund which they setup specifically just for council house tenants which paid off her outstanding water bill, outstanding electric bill, outstanding rent and 100s in food vouchers, she told me it was the best part of a grand. If she wasnt in debt on any of those she probably would have got nothing, maybe some food vouchers at the most. She also has told me of how she skips paying loans etc. It doesnt bother her at all.
Thats kind of disgusting IMO.

She should reap what she sows if she doesnt give a **** about fiscal responsibility not benefit from it

Soldato
Thats kind of disgusting IMO.

She should reap what she sows if she doesnt give a **** about fiscal responsibility not benefit from it
I am personally against helping people based on debt, as the problem is debt isnt going to be a reliable of indicator of income level or means to pay, the level of responsibility is a huge factor. I am also against offloading decisions to councils, as I think withholding support funds for just council house tenants is wrong as well. Similar with support schemes that require referrals, my council only does referrals from social services and council house officers.

Back
Top Bottom