Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Different ball park I think here.
Petrol hasn't trippled.
Also. If you don't work it isn't really an issue.

Everyone is hit by utility costs.

And its all at the same time.

Fuel prices are manageable and not everyone needs a car. This time last year I was doing 250 miles a week. I am lucky to do that a month now. You could also walk the school run/shops etc to save . Everyone needs to pay for energy bills. I can really see this being the beginning of the end and far worse than 2008 ever was.

It will definitely be the final nail in the coffin for hospitality as that is the first thing people are going to cut back on.

The people who will riot are those with nothing to lose and nowhere to turn for help. Give them enough support (low earners and those on benefits are already getting approx. £1.5k+ of support and I wouldn't be surprised if the government tops that up further after October) for this winter then why would they bother? middle classes aren't going to go out en masse, they've too much to lose (plus it's cold/wet and strictly is on tv), nice house with a big mortgage, car on finance, kids in the local schools, white collar job, they'll moan about it on twitter/facebook instead. The well off don't care, the price rises are a drop in the ocean.

Caporegime
The UK energy market must now be the most broken thing I can think of in my lifetime

Exactly we use less energy now than we did in something silly like the mid 00's. It is all purely greed. Fire up the coal and get people mining again till we can build enough Nuclear. I take it the French are pretty much laughing now?

Soldato
The people who will riot are those with nothing to lose and nowhere to turn for help. Give them enough support (low earners and those on benefits are already getting approx. £1.5k+ of support and I wouldn't be surprised if the government tops that up further after October) for this winter then why would they bother? middle classes aren't going to go out en masse, they've too much to lose (plus it's cold/wet and strictly is on tv), nice house with a big mortgage, car on finance, kids in the local schools, white collar job, they'll moan about it on twitter/facebook instead. The well off don't care, the price rises are a drop in the ocean.

Those on a pay as you go meter will notice increasing prices the most. They will have real time information on what the price rise actually means.

Soldato
Exactly we use less energy now than we did in something silly like the mid 00's. It is all purely greed. Fire up the coal and get people mining again till we can build enough Nuclear. I take it the French are pretty much laughing now?
Even the Germans are going back to coal IIRC, which is something I would never have imagined.

I know this cropped up in the thread the other day but EONNext will start credit checking people who move into a property already supplied by EONnext in the next couple of weeks as part of a debt risk move

Oof.

The point I made the other day people thinking mass non payment can only achieve a move in the direction they want and that its just as likely it will work against them they cannot comprehend.

I mean I can honestly see all new customers being forced to have a prepayment meter, or place a deposit of something like 3 months usage if non payment becomes a significant issue.

Soldato

The higher the prices go, the more of those middle classes become those with nothing to lose. If they can't afford to make the repayments on that financed car or big mortgage then what do you think is going to happen?

Oof.

The point I made the other day people thinking mass non payment can only achieve a move in the direction they want and that its just as likely it will work against them they cannot comprehend.

I mean I can honestly see all new customers being forced to have a prepayment meter, or place a deposit of something like 3 months usage if non payment becomes a significant issue.

Great time to become a meter installer or debt collector eh? :D

Back
Top Bottom