Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I used to have a friend that worked for Landis & Gyr metering back in the day, so of thing mods people made with meters were mad. smart meters will detect a by pass quite quickly.
Completely depends how its done, fairly easy to bypass without detection actually.

We are between £5 and £6 a day for our gas & electric at the moment. That's hardly using the PC for gaming, obviously no heating right now or fancy hot tubs and such. Just your basic electric and gas needs throughout the day to make teas, cook dinner, watch a bit of TV etc. Absolute disgusting greedy bell sniffs.

Can provide water for a whole village in Africa for month for a couple of quid, yet it costs my small family in a 3 bed house £45 a month. Just corrupt profiteering, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer. :mad: Every utility is the same. They got us all by the short and curlies.

If you think its a small % you must be incredibly out of touch.

Incidentally I am now seeing this dont pay website spreading like wildfire over social media.

Do you also believe poverty doesnt exist in the UK?
His solution in previous pages was that people get second full time jobs and that people are themselves are the reason they cant afford the rise in cost of living.

Some people just like the attention and will make any old guff up to get it :p
I'm fairly sure I'd find something better to do for attention than post in this thread?

I am being completely sincere. If you, or anyone else doesn't agree with me, that is fine. I only comment on what I see and hear around me in the real world.

I'm fairly sure I'd find something better to do for attention than post in this thread?

I am being completely sincere. If you, or anyone else doesn't agree with me, that is fine. I only comment on what I see and hear around me in the real world.
Conservative central office isn't the real world mate. Anyway, enough time wasted on you, I need to go and boil my gruel.

Uther beat me to it. I am incredibly lucky and my real world friends and colleagues bear very little relation to those suffering, however I do have family and friends who are in that category so have a lump of empathy as some need serious help. What is the scope of your “real world”?

The only balance I can provide is to suggest that I feel that the standing charges are far too high and that abolishing them would help people. These people would potentially be lower users, either through choice or otherwise, and so they don't get penalised because of it.

That would assume that the energy companies wouldn't simply increase the unit rate to make up their loss.

Uther beat me to it. I am incredibly lucky and my real world friends and colleagues bear very little relation to those suffering, however I do have family and friends who are in that category so have a lump of empathy as some need serious help. What is the scope of your “real world”?
The only people I see complaining are those who waste everything they get their hands on. Typically, those who feel entitled to take things for granted. It's the same people who will claim that it wasn't fair that their lotto numbers didn't come up.

The only people I see complaining are those who waste everything they get their hands on. Typically, those who feel entitled to take things for granted. It's the same people who will claim that it wasn't fair that their lotto numbers didn't come up.

Unfortunately (?) I don’t know anyone with that attitude struggling or not so I don’t make the assumption “they are all like that” which would be a very lazy analysis on my part.

Back
Top Bottom