Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

How well off are they? I have a constant running battle with the missus to try and get her not to **** energy up the wall when it can be avoided. Things like hanging the washing out. Only doing the washing when the weather looks decent so it can be air dried, turning lights out, not running the bath to the point where she will drown and constantly topping up the hot water, using our small and more efficient car instead of the bigger one where possible.

We can afford all these things but come this winter, I reckon we would easily be £500-1000 worse off if she did what she wanted. I don't see the point in wasting money even if you wont struggle without it.
Sounds like you need to run the numbers on the Mrs ie what it costs to keep her or get a new one/second hand....

See Truss is still going on about tax cuts being the answer even though its been pointed out multiple times that they don't really help people earning below the average wage. You just have to hope that all this nonsense they are coming out with now is just to please your typical Conservative party member and once they become PM they'll start talking sense.

See Truss is still going on about tax cuts being the answer even though its been pointed out multiple times that they don't really help people earning below the average wage. You just have to hope that all this nonsense they are coming out with now is just to please your typical Conservative party member and once they become PM they'll start talking sense.
tax cuts for corporations and business the tory way, make the people pay for the recession.

these poor companies were burdened with massive profits over the last few years, they need to maintain hose profits or the stock market will collapse and a lot of tory donors will lose a lot of money

Suppose there is a first time for everything..... :cry:

I've already resigned myself to being cold this winter, more clothes less (no) heating.

I've heard these stories as well, then long term it ended up with a damp house infested with spores and mould long term. Which lead to major health issues. The man's skin was badly breaking out and respiratory issues.

tax cuts for corporations and business the tory way, make the people pay for the recession.

these poor companies were burdened with massive profits over the last few years, they need to maintain hose profits or the stock market will collapse and a lot of tory donors will lose a lot of money
Lol lefties always have a naively simplistic view of the world - unfortunately magic grandpa's magic money tree died in the post covid drought.

Tax cuts for business are to encourage investment and stave off recession - there is no simple solution to the power issue and no government has a magic wand.

Lol lefties always have a naively simplistic view of the world - unfortunately magic grandpa's magic money tree died in the post covid drought.

Tax cuts for business are to encourage investment and stave off recession - there is no simple solution to the power issue and no government has a magic wand.
Is there any evidence that tax cuts for businesses actually increase investment? The counter argument is that they just return more wealth to their shareholders…

whos buying when everyone is poor? and why would anyone invest during a recession and standards of living crisis ?

should make places like google , amazon, starbucks and whomever else declares their head quarters as dublin or wherever pay proper taxes or kick them out and ban them

whos buying when everyone is poor? and why would anyone invest during a recession and standards of living crisis ?

should make places like google , amazon, starbucks and whomever else declares their head quarters as dublin or wherever pay proper taxes or kick them out and ban them
again - more simplistic leftie nonsense

again - more simplistic leftie nonsense

What exactly is "simplistic leftie nonsense" about a major cost of living crisis removing a large portion of the populations income, preventing them from spending on anything but the bare essentials, as such making any potential "investments" by businesses to give them little to no return on investment?

Also, what part of companies paying tax on business they do within a country based upon that countries tax rates "simplistic leftie nonsense" ? It seems pretty sensible, reasonable and honest to me.

Hes alredy done it.

Jamies cold beans delight
Prep time 1 minute, cooking time 0 minutes.
1) Open can of baked beans
2) Pour half onto plate
3) serve with a smile

What exactly is "simplistic leftie nonsense" about a major cost of living crisis removing a large portion of the populations income, preventing them from spending on anything but the bare essentials, as such making any potential "investments" by businesses to give them little to no return on investment?

Also, what part of companies paying tax on business they do within a country based upon that countries tax rates "simplistic leftie nonsense" ? It seems pretty sensible, reasonable and honest to me.
You have pretty much proven my point with your whole post - increasing tax in one area has impacts on other areas - not to mention how people will pay for even bare essentials if recession causes the job market to collapse. There are no simple solutions - Tory OR Labour.

Back
Top Bottom