Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Why does it not function like this… Use goods get bill at the end of the month, pay bill, use more goods and get next bill at the end of the month.
Why do they insist on building up credit with them. It seems like they are almost treating it like a prepayment meter.
You can pay like that if you want, you'll just lose the direct debit discount (was £30 per fuel last time I checked)

Most people pay a bit more in the Summer to cover the extra cost in Winter, saves getting a massive bill in January for example but there are other ways of paying if you don't want to do that. Or at least there used to be, haven't checked recently.

You can pay like that if you want, you'll just lose the direct debit discount (was £30 per fuel last time I checked)

Most people pay a bit more in the Summer to cover the extra cost in Winter, saves getting a massive bill in January for example but there are other ways of paying if you don't want to do that. Or at least there used to be, haven't checked recently.
Ok so they incentivise it. Can’t be hard to divide last years bills by 12 and charge you that each month. I keep reading about plenty of people on here that keep getting there dd adjusted to unrealistic amounts, seemingly just to deposit into there account as chrcoluk mentioned.

Way I see it it’s better in my account earning me minuscule levels of interest than theirs earning me even less.

Ok so they incentivise it. Can’t be hard to divide last years bills by 12 and charge you that each month. I keep reading about plenty of people on here that keep getting there dd adjusted to unrealistic amounts, seemingly just to deposit into there account as chrcoluk mentioned.

Way I see it it’s better in my account earning me minuscule levels of interest than theirs earning me even less.
Some companies seem worse than others. Some would have (up until most of them went bust) tried to get customers to have credit balances as much as possible, some customers built up hundreds. Eon next, who Im with now, seems reasonable about it. They (say) they will refund any credit balance post meter reading but they won't let you put DD down by more than 10% even if you have credit.

Ive always closely managed my DDs to keep close to a neutral balance and have mostly succeeded in this over the years.

The law needs changing to make them pay back the customer the going rate for the loan. Then see how quickly they start billing accurately.

Wonder if it would be 'cheaper' for the government to say to the billing companies that the new unit rate you can bill at is 30p for elec and 8p for gas at the next price review, the government will pick up the rest, that way anyone on the cap only get's a small increase and anyone on a cheaper fixed rate doesn't get anything, as opposed to just throwing ££££££ at everyone's bill.

no idea %age wise how many people are still on cheaper deals - might not be too many to make it worthwhile but saves giving someone paying 18p and 4p for example a further discount.

Wonder if it would be 'cheaper' for the government to say to the billing companies that the new unit rate you can bill at is 30p for elec and 8p for gas at the next price review, the government will pick up the rest, that way anyone on the cap only get's a small increase and anyone on a cheaper fixed rate doesn't get anything, as opposed to just throwing ££££££ at everyone's bill.

no idea %age wise how many people are still on cheaper deals - might not be too many to make it worthwhile but saves giving someone paying 18p and 4p for example a further discount.
Lib Dems idea, apparently very very expensive over 30 billion.
But they could do a cut cost version, first 150 electric KwH month at the prices you mentioned, subsidised by gov, then rest at full price, so to a degree the gov protects itself.

Lib Dems idea, apparently very very expensive over 30 billion.
But they could do a cut cost version, first 150 electric KwH month at the prices you mentioned, subsidised by gov, then rest at full price, so to a degree the gov protects itself.
Only problem with the cut cost version is it assumes the billing companies are capable of updating their systems to do this. I wouldn't assume they could and even if they tried could the do it right......

This is getting scary now. That latest figure of £4200 is two thirds of my RAF disability pension. Aside from my wifes working tax credit we don't qualify for anything else due to her working full time. I really hope we don't have a bad winter up here.

Back
Top Bottom