Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

If its 4k+ a year then while I don't know who the next Prime Minister will be, but I know the one after will Labour, and the Tories will be out for a generation.

You mean the Tories will blame Labour when after 5 years it's still a **** show because of Brexit, cost of living, housing, public services in a dire state etc.
It will take along to fix this and I expect just when things start on mend people will vote the Tories back in again. So the cycle continues.

Why does it not function like this… Use goods get bill at the end of the month, pay bill, use more goods and get next bill at the end of the month.
Why do they insist on building up credit with them. It seems like they are almost treating it like a prepayment meter.
It does work like that. That's how I pay use £64 one month pay £64. Use £175 the next pay £175, balance always £0.

You don't lose the direct debit bonus either as someone had incorrectly stated.

Why does it not function like this… Use goods get bill at the end of the month, pay bill, use more goods and get next bill at the end of the month.
Why do they insist on building up credit with them. It seems like they are almost treating it like a prepayment meter.
Because most people like their bill to be the same each month and building up a reasonable credit allows that to happen.

If its 4k+ a year then while I don't know who the next Prime Minister will be, but I know the one after will Labour, and the Tories will be out for a generation.

You mean the Tories will blame Labour when after 5 years it's still a **** show because of Brexit, cost of living, housing, public services in a dire state etc.
It will take along to fix this and I expect just when things start on mend people will vote the Tories back in again. So the cycle continues.
this is exactly the problem. who ever gets in next will inherit a real **** sandwich and am sure people like Boris will be vocal about how it would all of been fine if we had trusted him.
I don't know if labour will be any good either but I can't believe they will be worse than the current lot. competent leadership would be a great thing to have but for now I would just take not corrupt and a genuine attempt to put country before selfishness.

Octopus kept bumping my payments up to make sure I'm always deep in credit. So that they basically get a free loan to invest for themselves. I found a slightly cheaper deal though so am moving.
Does Octopus allow manual debit card payments because some bank accounts give cash back on that. Possibly even the direct debit but I wonder if DD will be kept down if literally you already paid for everything you've used upto the last (recent) meter reading. Or is the system without any guidance

Who is the cheaper deal

If it gets that high I actually think we'll start to see the country fall apart, so it won't matter who the PM is. Millions of people just won't be able to afford that. There will be riots and it won't just be a load of chavs or eco-nutters this time.

I don't know what's going on. Bloomberg is now saying the govt is planning for blackouts in the winter. I'm sure that is scaremongering and a last resort but a few months ago I would have said that £250 a month was crazy.

I don't know what's going on. Bloomberg is now saying the govt is planning for blackouts in the winter. I'm sure that is scaremongering and a last resort but a few months ago I would have said that £250 a month was crazy.
Conversely I think planning for blackouts is a good thing. They need a plan in place if there is a gas shortage.

Sigh... people demand contingency planning and then freak out when contingencies are planned..

The scenario is “not something we expect to happen,” the government Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy said in a statement..

You can pay like that if you want, you'll just lose the direct debit discount (was £30 per fuel last time I checked)

Most people pay a bit more in the Summer to cover the extra cost in Winter, saves getting a massive bill in January for example but there are other ways of paying if you don't want to do that. Or at least there used to be, haven't checked recently.
????

It's called whole amount monthly or variable direct debit. How I pay, I don't a 'premium' for paying that way.

It does if you want it to. Some prefer to pay 6x£100 plus 6x£300 and others prefer to pay 12x£200. With the latter you could start out building up a credit or a debit depending when you started with your supplier but it averages out over the year.

Back
Top Bottom