Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I think you can get a refund if you complain. So I'd like to see how they handle that. They aren't meeting the terms of the agreement afterall which is to supply power.

It does if you want it to. Some prefer to pay 6x£100 plus 6x£300 and others prefer to pay 12x£200. With the latter you could start out building up a credit or a debit depending when you started with your supplier but it averages out over the year.
My average now is £50 + beneath my DD, and my average over last winter was £25 over my DD so it will be interesting to see what my supplier does in the review at the end of the month.
And that's before the £400 credit from October...

I used to think having a snake was a a cheap pet. She’s gonna bleed me dry now with her 250w ceramic heater running 24 hours a day :rolleyes:

I've got 2 tropical tanks, one with a 500w and the other with a 150w heaters. Though putting a lid on reduces the time the heater is on by a lot.

Just noticed that EON haven't billed us for 7 months for electric, despite us giving them monthly meter readings. We're supposed to be billed monthly, so we're over £400 in credit as they've not accounted for any usage at all..

I'll be keeping quiet about that, hoping the back-billing principle kicks in after 12 months ;)

Just get a sleeping bag out with a jetboil. Direct debit delete....
If its gets to the point of blackouts then I'll be happy to have my camping gear !

Good luck buying a camping stove or some calor gas if theres serious talk of power cuts when its cold out - will be like trying to get hair clippers and webcams at the start of Covid x 10.

How many people's gas central heating works without electric ?

According to the BBC one reason for the latest jump is Ofcom are now allowing suppliers to recuperate their losses over a shorter period of time via a higher cap. Pretty much all the recent Ofgem policy changes are about keeping the suppliers happy, their mandate is to have as many suppliers in the market as possible, even the BBC admitted in one of their articles the consumer cap is not really a proper cap, as it has no affect on market rates
explanation bbc just gave on r4pm is that the loss is the energy the suppliers have not pre-bought for the refugee customers, which they'll have to pay $$$ for.

-------------------

California had rolling blackouts in the summer ... all the best countries have them, well those that aren't self-disciplined like ze Germans,
maybe an emergency override on the price for those with smart meters will moderate usage.

explanation bbc just gave on r4pm is that the loss is the energy the suppliers have not pre-bought for the refugee customers, which they'll have to pay $$$ for.

-------------------

California had rolling blackouts in the summer ... all the best countries have them, well those that aren't self-disciplined like ze Germans,
maybe an emergency override on the price for those with smart meters will moderate usage.
That market full small suppliers really worked out well for us didnt it, just more and more costs from it.

-------------------

lol der tuk our jerrbbbsss

Back
Top Bottom