Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Caporegime
413x is that you? :p

Haha I like to think I've gotten most things right so far. (big wrong one was thinking that economy would crater in covid)

But I believe it only didn't due to furlough etc.

For some reason this crisis seems to be getting no real help from the tories.

Associate
At 18ppm it's worth even cutting down that Netflix.

Those car costs/finance doesn't help.

But man. That child care. That is grim

i pay about £4 a month for my premium netflix via a turkish vpn. you could try that and feel like you've at least winning at something

Soldato
So.. Do we think its going to be an actual genuine break down of society this winter?

If the tories don't provide substantially more how can it not be?

Let's face it, if they don't give money directly they are going to be taking on failed suppliers anyway.

Not going to lie, it's concerning. Even if you aren't impacted directly this amount of potential civil unrest will affect everyone.

I fully expect to see scenes on the news I've never seen in the UK in my lifetime

I expect it will fully get underway in November. Pre Christmas, grim weather, first real bills land

DDs will be increasing well before then. I don't see a scenario in which more help is not offered and on the scale that was offered during Covid.

Soldato
I bet Russian troll farms will going flat out over the next few months to try and stir things up but whether people will actually protest I don't know. A lot of it will come down to the message coming from Downing Street, are we all in this together with appropriate support or will Liz Truss gives us a motivational speech about how we just need to work harder.
Repeal the WTD, give your millionaire boss a tax cut and yes, tell you to work harder. And don't dare ask for a pay rise because inflation...

Caporegime
DDs will be increasing well before then. I don't see a scenario in which more help is not offered and on the scale that was offered during Covid.

I think they will have to cave too.
If they don't they'll be paying for the collapse anyway. And having to deal with all the fallout, rage etc. I expect it would make the tories unelectable for years.

One way or another this crisis is going to need to be paid for by central government. Us, windfall tax etc etc

I find it quite disgusting how they are leaving people in limbo or waiting to score points. No doubt it will happen just after being confirmed PM.
"oh look how amazing we are.. Free cash from me"

Soldato
It remains to be seen if Truss will do that. Currently her thinking is tax cuts will fix everything...
Yeah because telling the tory faithful you are going to embark on a package to help people out in society is probably not a vote winner but hopefully in office she actually does something. I don't think she'll have any choice personally.

Caporegime
Putin must be creaming his undies watching all this unfold.

He's always wanted to ruin Europe.
Not only has he managed to boost gas prices (thereby selling less isn't such an impact) he's also completely caught the whole of Europe with its pants down

Soldato
I think they will have to cave too.
If they don't they'll be paying for the collapse anyway. And having to deal with all the fallout, rage etc. I expect it would make the tories unelectable for years.

One way or another this crisis is going to need to be paid for by central government. Us, windfall tax etc etc

I find it quite disgusting how they are leaving people in limbo or waiting to score points. No doubt it will happen just after being confirmed PM.
"oh look how amazing we are.. Free cash from me"
Ousting the prime minister over petty HR issues during a cost of living crisis is starting to look even more pathetic isn’t it… demanding that he can’t invoke any new policies whilst a new PM is chosen even more so..

Associate
Ousting the prime minister over petty HR issues during a cost of living crisis is starting to look even more pathetic isn’t it… demanding that he can’t invoke any new policies whilst a new PM is chosen even more so..
good point. he should have shown leadership and stepped down immediately allowing someone (more?) capable and who people had confidence in to try and deal with things.

Caporegime
Why? Watching all his best customers make alternative arrangements whilst having to suck up to Kim..

He doesn't care about his country. He cares about screwing the west over. He's certainly achieving that

If he cared about Russia/Russians he wouldn't have started this war

Back
Top Bottom