Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Glad I got out of my EDF job at the start of August.

Please be kind to the people you call to talk to about it, its not their fault they are affected just as much has you, they are going to have to deal with mass amount of abusive customers compared to normal over the next while.
It was bad enough in April, but Winter time is going to hit very hard.

Soldato
So how did France and such do it before?
France this, France that. That’s all I ever see on Social Media :rolleyes:
Problem is they have fixed energy because they own EDF who supplies most of their energy through Nuclear power.
They are loosing billions this year (approx €50bn) and it can’t be sustained.

Come back in a couple of years when France taxes are increased to cover their energy crisis.

Soldato
Glad I got out of my EDF job at the start of August.
Please be kind to the people you call to talk to about it, its not their fault they are affected just as much has you, they are going to have to deal with mass amount of abusive customers compared to normal over the next while.
There was no way of talking to anyone at EDF when I was sorting my credit balance last week. Text (and iirc twitter) were the only options.
I don't blame them.

Soldato
There was no way of talking to anyone at EDF when I was sorting my credit balance last week. Text (and iirc twitter) were the only options.
I don't blame them.
The lines are always open Monday Friday 8AM till 6PM and Saturday 8AM till 2PM, they havn't shut down the lines.

Soldato
Interesting, they were 'unavailable' when I tried. The 'robot' helper, twitter or text were the options.
One day last week I believe there system went down for half the day so might of been then?
I still go for lunch at the same place as I only work down slightly down the road from the EDF building and bumped into a colleague who was happy the systems where not working haha

Soldato
Could someone please refresh my memory on how we got here because this can't all be down to the war in Ukraine?

Where does this end? Because late last year we had issues with prices, we are now approaching winter of 2022 with even bigger problem than last year. Are we going to see an even bigger problem come winter of 2023? What about 2024?

What is the workable solution to stop this?

Soldato

'Auxilione, an independent energy consultancy, today predicted the price cap could reach £3,576 in October, rising to £4,799 in January, and finally hitting £6,089 in April.

About 45 million people are forecast to be thrown into energy poverty this winter as prices on the European gas market continue to soar...'

Associate
Could someone please refresh my memory on how we got here because this can't all be down to the war in Ukraine?

Where does this end? Because late last year we had issues with prices, we are now approaching winter of 2022 with even bigger problem than last year. Are we going to see an even bigger problem come winter of 2023? What about 2024?

What is the workable solution to stop this?

Greed just pure greed and the governments letting them get away with it

Soldato

'Auxilione, an independent energy consultancy, today predicted the price cap could reach £3,576 in October, rising to £4,799 in January, and finally hitting £6,089 in April.

About 45 million people are forecast to be thrown into energy poverty this winter as prices on the European gas market continue to soar...'
Over £6k, the country will breakdown. Most people just won't be able to afford to have anything on other than a light bulb and one shower a day.

Back
Top Bottom