Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
If you have a battery (&pv ?) like sdk^ you won't really be trying to economise on daytime electricity use, if we were consuming 17KWh/day we'd be identifying what the peaks on the daily chart belong to.

air fryer 'advantage' versus oven -
still depends if you always turn the oven on for discrete/single items, & diet includes items like beefburgers, chips, ... and, you don't need to cook for many people.
(ie. I don't turn the iron on multiple times a day for individual pieces of clothing JIT, I group my supermarket purchases etc. )

----------

R4 today had interview with octopus/centric/ecotricity bosses blaming
should cap prices on the (apparently) 50% of gas we do pump out the ground​
cfd mechanism, where they suggest government couldn't red-distribute renewable profits (above cfd) to the needy​
which would also address their concern that electricity cap is based on gas generation.​

Soldato
I'm on Eon Next, and went to check the prices (currently 29p odd per unit) and it seems they aren't taking on new customers.

Ah maybe if you’re nearing the end they’ll let you. My fix runs out at the end of this month.

Elec: SC 18.02. Unit 19.53
Gas: SC 19.27. Unit 3.8.

Offered Next Online v19
Elec: SC 49.65. Unit 59.9
Gas: SC 27.22. Unit 15.08.

Think I’ll stick with the variable and take the gamble!

Soldato
Ah maybe if you’re nearing the end they’ll let you. My fix runs out at the end of this month.

Elec: SC 18.02. Unit 19.53
Gas: SC 19.27. Unit 3.8.

Offered Next Online v19
Elec: SC 49.65. Unit 59.9
Gas: SC 27.22. Unit 15.08.

Think I’ll stick with the variable and take the gamble!
This is where I am BUT I also rechecked and the v19 states "No exit Fees". Considering the new cap is released this Friday; I'm now leaning towards opting for v19 in case this gets dropped and then, if some miracle does occur, switching back to the variable.

Soldato
how much Gas has Russia stopped Uk having? seriously please educate me.
before any sanctions i read it was 4%.

so how does that little %, have multi-national energy companys having billions
in profits. this is some serious bs imho.
Because we buy our gas on the open market, you can thank successive governments for that.

Soldato
This is where I am BUT I also rechecked and the v19 states "No exit Fees". Considering the new cap is released this Friday; I'm now leaning towards opting for v19 in case this gets dropped and then, if some miracle does occur, switching back to the variable.
Probably what I would do if I was in your position. Good luck!

Soldato
Just got renewal quotes from Sainsbury energy as we've been on a 1 year fixed deal which is due to end 06/10/2022

I now know what a rabbit feels like now as it stares at the headlights .

Currently paying £179

New quotes

Variable rate £239

Fixed rate £472

:(

Soldato

I think you may be right. My fix doesn’t end until end of September, so I can lock in V19 to start at end of sept. We will have a better idea of the price cap and support for October before then so can always switch back to variable.
Going for £100 DD to £300 is a sore one though. The missus reckons we should do variable at £150 but I expect that to at least double in October.

Though, my partners concern is that help will be given to those on variable tariffs rather than fixing, as the argument would be you can afford it. Not sure She’s right but a concern!

Soldato
I think you may be right. My fix doesn’t end until end of September, so I can lock in V19 to start at end of sept. We will have a better idea of the price cap and support for October before then so can always switch back to variable.
Going for £100 DD to £300 is a sore one though. The missus reckons we should do variable at £150 but I expect that to at least double in October.
My fixed ends 6 Oct but I'm unclear if I opt for this tariff offer, whether it starts immediately or at the end of current fixed. I did not originally sign up for this as was an customer rolled over from a failed provider.

Soldato
My fixed ends 6 Oct but I'm unclear if I opt for this tariff offer, whether it starts immediately or at the end of current fixed.
End of the current fix, you can click the “select tariff” button which takes you to a review page and says the start date. You can then confirm the selection or just click back.

Caporegime
Just got renewal quotes from Sainsbury energy as we've been on a 1 year fixed deal which is due to end 06/10/2022

I now know what a rabbit feels like now as it stares at the headlights .

Currently paying £179

New quotes

Variable rate £239

Fixed rate £472

:(

How much gas and electricity do you use per year in kWh?

Soldato
My fixed ends 6 Oct but I'm unclear if I opt for this tariff offer, whether it starts immediately or at the end of current fixed. I did not originally sign up for this as was an customer rolled over from a failed provider.
If you ring they will forward date - if you complete online it will be from today.

Back
Top Bottom