Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
I agree completely - I just think that advising people to borrow money to pay an ongoing bill which they can't afford is a very dangerous thing to suggest

But cheaper in the long run than the govt effectively doing the same thing..

The public don't want to pay back the covid debt so what will happen with this..

Caporegime
Even as a true blue conservative I've been absolutely flabbergasted at the government's handling of the energy crisis. They can't see that the cap cannot rise any further. Because then the economy grinds to a halt as everyone stops spending because they have to spend it on the quadrupling of the leccy bill. Shops will fold because they have to keep up with the backbreaking rises and no customers and further shops will close, it will cause a downward spiral and It'll plunge us into a deep recession.

When you're energy bill is half what your mortgage is then somethings gone horribly wrong.
I see the value in telling people to focus on efficiency and trying to live a more sustainable life... but successive governments - which include several supposedly conservative ones (pfft) - have made no attempt to even try to make our energy usage more sensible because anything that disturbs the parasites suckling down the last morsel this country has is anathema to them.

V F

V F

Soldato
Even Nixon did price controls in the 1970s to try to tame inflation, I think whoever is in charge will be forced into similar radical action.
Are you sure? Todays politicians has no leadership, don't know what they're doing and don't seem to be smart enough. All talk though. Populism and buzzwords.

Soldato
But cheaper in the long run than the govt effectively doing the same thing..

The public don't want to pay back the covid debt so what will happen with this..

Cheaper for who?

Cheaper for the people who can already afford to pay their bills - sure.

Unlikely to be so for the people who would be ****** in a couple of years having to not only still pay ridiculous energy bills, but also ridiculously high interest on what they borrowed to pay today's bills (because let's face it, many of them aren't going to have the best credit score/affordability if they are in that position to start with)

Caporegime
Looking at our e.ON Next account - we're on the following...

Leccy - 29.63 p/kWh 32.14 p/day
Gas - 7.52 p/kWh 27.22 p/day

Is that competitive :o?

Think we used to be on about £160pm, now on £230pm and presume that will be nearer £300pm after the next price cap increase.

Soldato
Don't forget this lot will most likely be out of power in a couple of years so kicking the can down the road and letting Labour deal with the mess would suit them just fine.

Soldato
Looking at our e.ON Next account - we're on the following...

Leccy - 29.63 p/kWh 32.14 p/day
Gas - 7.52 p/kWh 27.22 p/day

Is that competitive :o?

Think we used to be on about £160pm, now on £230pm and presume that will be nearer £300pm after the next price cap increase.
I assume you aren't locked into a fixed term as that looks like the current price cap to me? If it is the price cap then prep for a doubling in bills from 1st October

Soldato
EonNext and Sainsburys Price change advance notice effective midnight!

Pricing for the Next Online for EON and 1 year smooth renew for Sainsburys will change at midnight tonight!

The Next Online V19 and Sainsburys 1 year smooth renew V20 will be taken down at midnight tonight and replaced with the V20 and V21 respectively and the typical average household costs on these will increase from £3830 to £4247 when moving to the new tarrifs.

This is based on the ofgem cap expectations of £3554 for OCtober and £4650 for January

Posting this so anyone this may effect can make a decision before it changes!

Soldato

Pricing for the Next Online for EON and 1 year smooth renew for Sainsburys will change at midnight tonight!

The Next Online V19 and Sainsburys 1 year smooth renew V20 will be taken down at midnight tonight and replaced with the V20 and V21 respectively and the typical average household costs on these will increase from £3830 to £4247 when moving to the new tarrifs.

This is based on the ofgem cap expectations of £3554 for OCtober and £4650 for January

Cheers, just locked my Sainsbury's 1 year smooth in. *crys*

Associate

Signed up to Eon Nextonline V19 earlier today. Let's hope it was the right decision.

Soldato
To be completely honest, I don't really pay much attention to electric usage and just pay what I'm asked to.
But, I've recently had a Eon smart meter fitted and have been quite shocked at what I use.
I've Switched off the under the counter wine/beer fridge and am emptying a 2nd freezer so I can turn that off as well, and also stopped using the dishwasher every day or so.
So at present I'm using about £2-2.50 worth of electricity a day.
Ref what @Zenduri has posted, is it worth fixing at the V19 rate for 12 months?
I'm currently paying..

Day 34.18p
Night 17.88p
SC 38p

On V19
Day 66.27p
Night 49.97
SC 38p

What I'd rather not do is fix for 12 months and then for some reason the prices initially go up and then drop to the usual tariff and I end up paying more that variable.

Soldato
What I'd rather not do is fix for 12 months and then for some reason the prices initially go up and then drop to the usual tariff and I end up paying more that variable.
Thats the gamble.
No one has any idea if the prices will drop, no one can give you advice on it. If they do drop below a certain amount anyone fixing screwed themselves over. You are banking on the prices going up and up and up.

My main question is that your on an E7 tariff, do you need "cheap" electric during the night? I'm assuming you have night storage heaters or somethin and no gas?

Its suprising to me how wasteful people in general are, I suppose its a case of being ignorant of what our modern life costs and most people just don't seem to care until it starts to impact them.

Soldato
To be completely honest, I don't really pay much attention to electric usage and just pay what I'm asked to.
But, I've recently had a Eon smart meter fitted and have been quite shocked at what I use.
I've Switched off the under the counter wine/beer fridge and am emptying a 2nd freezer so I can turn that off as well, and also stopped using the dishwasher every day or so.
So at present I'm using about £2-2.50 worth of electricity a day.
Ref what @Zenduri has posted, is it worth fixing at the V19 rate for 12 months?
I'm currently paying..

Day 34.18p
Night 17.88p
SC 38p

On V19
Day 66.27p
Night 49.97
SC 38p

You can exit the fix with no penalty so there’s no reason not to fix imo.

Back
Top Bottom