Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Man of Honour
Luckily still capped at 16.7p for electric and 2.9p for gas till the end of January. Then I’ll be screwed.

I'm roughly the same (17.4p elec 2.9p gas) until the end of Feb, then the heating gets turned off and i'll only be using my PC and the fridge freezer, and with just that my bill will likely still be + 2.5x what it is now

Well how can some of you guys blame the gov for this current mess?

There are elements of blame rightly apportioned

Lack of planning into resilience
Removal of subsidies driving adoption of solar etc
Failure to act in time (its been totally predictable for some time since Russia invaded)

Funny I have been thinking the same

Quoting myself but I have actually ordered one of the pink ones for my other half.
Will come tomorrow, I will report back on if I think it will actually be worthwhile or pointless.

Soldato
Well the Russians are burning off the gas that they would have otherwise given to Europe. Their intentions are to cut them off entirely and cause a huge global crisis in an effort to get us to submit to them, I'm not sure how much clearer it could be:

Soldato
Given the cap confirmation, anyone on Octopus not fixed who cannot get on Go, I would say fix on Agile and gas tracker now, they only slightly above the cap, so will easily be better for Jan, Apr and next July caps. Assuming there is no cap freeze intervention.

They both have no exit fees.

Soldato
i doubt a device on standby would create that much power..
Every single Watt of power used totals £4.55/year at the new 52p/kWh price cap rate. If you have even just a few devices running that in standby (don't forget about things like the digital clocks on ovens/microwaves), you quickly end up in the realms of £50-100 a year just on those devices in standby. With the way prices are going, every little helps!

Every single Watt of power used totals £4.55/year at the new 52p/kWh price cap rate. If you have even just a few devices running that in standby (don't forget about things like the digital clocks on ovens/microwaves), you quickly end up in the realms of £50-100 a year just on those devices in standby. With the way prices are going, every little helps!

Yeah its quite scary when you work out the annual cost per watt. Its now a valid measure that would have been laughable just a year ago

Soldato
Given the cap confirmation, anyone on OCtopus not fixed who cannot get on Go, I would say fix on Agile and gas tracker now, they only slightly above the cap, so will easily be better for Jan, Apr and next July caps. Assuming there is no cap freeze intervention.

They both have no exit fees.
im not fixed and cant get GO. all i been offered
2022-08-26-12-40-07-Choose-your-tariff.png

Soldato
x2elIXj.jpg

According to their T&C it still says 35p. Edit if I sign up now and instant switch it is 55p. I guess that worth doing still with the new cap then? As it basically fixes it at 55p
Looks like someone messed up.

On MSE Octopus had sent out letters to people on an old SVR stating they are fixed for duration of contract and did "not" honour it, one guy did pre legal action, informed Octopus legal department who then backed down immediately after the threat.

So if you want to try it and use that to get them to force you onto agile 2018, deffo make a copy of that screenshot lol.

Back
Top Bottom