Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Anyone found a good timer switch to replace the immersion heater switch. Want to use one for water heating overnight

LAP stuff tends to be ok, so something like this?

Soldato
Anything good for cold hands? Sitting working at home at the computer that's what gets really cold and stiff.
Fingerless gloves aren't enough.

Using a heated throw keeps your legs and lower body warm. I found that helped with the cold hands a fair bit. It's still not perfect.

I found fingerless gloves affected my typing too much.

Regular cups of tea, and holding the cup, is the low-tech solution.

Soldato
Given the cap confirmation, anyone on Octopus not fixed who cannot get on Go, I would say fix on Agile and gas tracker now, they only slightly above the cap, so will easily be better for Jan, Apr and next July caps. Assuming there is no cap freeze intervention.

They both have no exit fees.
I can't find anything about any confirmation.
Just the useless yearly cost figures.
I want the rates!

Soldato
Soldato
Well the Russians are burning off the gas that they would have otherwise given to Europe. Their intentions are to cut them off entirely and cause a huge global crisis in an effort to get us to submit to them, I'm not sure how much clearer it could be:

lovely....

Associate
4387kwh elec 2020
15613kwh gas 2020

Locked on cheap until Feb 2023 but after that it's lube time, could be £500-600 per month at this rate, Jesus wept.

Soldato
I can't find anything about any confirmation.
Just the useless yearly cost figures.
I want the rates!
they not saying yet, i phones them earlier about getting an IHD, but didnt have any and before that was a long message saying they email us when they release them, but as loyal customers we get a little discount

Soldato
Does anyone have any recommendations with regards to boiling water/efficient kettle? In my household the kettle boils 9-10 times a day, we never boil more than what is required either.

Soldato
That's a lot - I'm 7207kWh electric for a 4 bedroom detached, working from home.
Don’t you have an you have an EV though, that’s probably 2000-3000kwh a year.

9000kwh per year might not be outrageous if you have standard electric heating or do big miles in an EV. If not then yeh, you are probably in weed grow territory.

Does anyone have any recommendations with regards to boiling water/efficient kettle? In my household the kettle boils 9-10 times a day, we never boil more than what is required either.
Drink cold drinks or only boil the kettle when you all want one.

Suspended
I think I should point out that we’re not the average 3 bed semi detached. Most on average have a couple with two kids living in them, we have 5 adults and the oven is used 3 times a day. There’s also 4 TV’s, 3 PC’s 3 fridge freezers and 2 mini fridges. It’s more than average but over 9000 is still a lot, even for that

Back
Top Bottom