Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Yeah cheers. Since the T&C on their website when you go through signup are not updated and so it shows 35p still which of course they wont honour. I guess the thought is that if the variable is 52p how much extra is 3p to be fixed then especially come January.

Is it locked for 12 months at that amount, i.e 55p or is it reviewed monthly? Looking at my spreadsheet if I went Agile now and it is locked at 55p then I would be £60 better of than risking it on the variable. I would be paying more till January by about £7 a month but then be better off there after. It easy to come off later on. But yeah it not clear on their site if it fixed for 12 months as max 55p to make it worth while to risk the additional £7 month.
Its fixed for 12 months for the cap (I am on the 35p agile with 21p SC and its been honoured even though there is a new agile now), but perhaps wait until October or November to sign up.

Also when you sign up, you can hold it for 30 days as there is a final click to agree which has a 30 day expiry.

You even have a get out of jail if you wait and they pull it off the market, I will be honest :rolleyes: , I missed the expiry for the old gas tracker, I was already on the old agile, I emailed Octopus and told them I tried to switch on the phone but it never happened, they then put me on the old tracker (v3), if you do this, do it within a week of them pulling it so its believable.

Yes, its not sustainable people even for people on good salaries who maybe fork out £1000+ nice mortgage's are ****

Banks must be rubbing their hands with glee for all the housing stock they are going to get on the cheap shortly.
At the start of this year, my combined mortgage and energy bills were £1.1k/month.
Same time next year I am looking at £2k, and we are already running at a monthly deficit (joy!)

im not fixed and cant get GO. all i been offered
2022-08-26-12-40-07-Choose-your-tariff.png
Yeah switch to the trackers, 55p electric and 16p gas cap fixed for year, if wholesale rates ever drop below those amounts you will also pay less those days.

Probably wait until October or late September though as they are a big bump on the current SVR. Octopus dont change the tracker tariffs as often so they should still be available early October fingers crossed.

Its fixed for 12 months for the cap (I am on the 35p agile with 21p SC and its been honoured even though there is a new agile now), but perhaps wait until October or November to sign up.

Also when you sign up, you can hold it for 30 days as there is a final click to agree which has a 30 day expiry.

You even have a get out of jail if you wait and they pull it off the market, I will be honest on here, I missed the expiry for the old gas tracker, I was already on the old agile, I emailed Octopus and told them I tried to switch on the phone but it never happened, they then put me on the old tracker (v3), if you do this, do it within a week of them pulling it so its believable.
Ah perfect cheers for the info on that. Will certainly keep eye on it.

Yeah switch to the trackers, 55p electric and 16p gas cap fixed for year, if wholesale rates ever drop below those amounts you will also pay less those days.

Probably wait until October or late September though as they are a big bump on the current SVR. Octopus dont change the tracker tariffs as often so they should still be available early October fingers crossed.
just seen this one slightly lower electric,looking around 35% higher elec than possible cap of arpund 50p kwh
2022-08-26-12-40-07-Choose-your-tariff.png

Rolling over for tyrants is never the best idea.
Western leaders are the tyrant's, currently Russia is the free part of the world comparatively speaking.
You do understand how Islands are formed, correct?
No size of wave can "sink" something that is already connected to bedrock.
You need to lay off the Putin KoolAid
If half a kilometer waves come from all directions it will be similar to sinking.

Back
Top Bottom