Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

BP and Shell are global corporations. You cannot nationalise them not just because they are big, they arent required to be in the UK its their choice they can avoid us altogether. Every idea of we will use force, make a law to say you must agree to this measure is failed logic, failure in business.

US Fed are going to take on a very aggressive monetary tightening policy which will see interest rates ramped very high, and with QT, will make the USD much stronger. The UK and EU are not going to be anywhere close to the Fed in terms of rate rises

USD is the world global reserve. GBP makes up something like 7% of world central bank reserves perhaps? By default you could be correct
The UK went broke in the 70's and IMF bailed us out, if you look at our debt profile its extremely different to USA. That potential difference can mean we are the ones with higher rates vs USD which is leaning on its world status

What are we going to do? Living alone and elderly with nobody to lean on I'm honestly sick with worry and fear just now.

Hope its a mild Winter? its almost upon us I fear.

Hard times ahead, take care all.
The biggest constant use of energy will be the freezer, the seals often go on them so its on far too much trying to cope with air entering. I think some sealant is in order, I know its something I have to do myself. I'll go round it with a silicon gun, leave it overnight at least and it'll retain a lot of that barrier even when actively opened and closed I think. Or very simple put some old plastic bottles of water on top if its only slight. It wont show up immediately (but theres a lot of ice formed inside where the leak is I think), thats why its missed often

The biggest constant use of energy will be the freezer, the seals often go on them so its on far too much trying to cope with air entering. I think some sealant is in order, I know its something I have to do myself. I'll go round it with a silicon gun, leave it overnight at least and it'll retain a lot of that barrier even when actively opened and closed I think. Or very simple put some old plastic bottles of water on top if its only slight. It wont show up immediately (but theres a lot of ice formed inside where the leak is I think), thats why its missed often

On the plus side, if you can't afford to have the heating on, this will be less of an issue :p ... :(

It pretty much was the only alternative. Got to let Truss do this plan and see if it works. If it doesn't vote her out next time. Its been a day, got to give it a chance.
no it wasnt.... stop the obscene profits with a TAX ort nationalise the lot easy.

instead, everyone is forced to take a loan so some companies can keep their milking covid profits going.
now act like they are doing us a favour :cry:

Then why is it only being paid from October?
The payment was to cover the Winter months but it was based on the April price cap. Sunak said it would be looked at again if prices increased.

Edit: Actually that might have been the original £200 loan, the policy has been a complete mess its hard to keep track

Extra £100 billion payed back long term by taxpayers while producers earn an estimated EXTRA £160 billion in profits over 2 years. Obscene.

The windfall tax should have been applied to the extra profit made in UK, don’t know how much of that expected 160 billion was made from UK operations. All under a smokescreen of expected investments in UK, producers were already profitable they did not need added incentive to invest.

The proposed tax break on 80k earners (6k benefit) while average joe benefited £9 think it was, just shows where priorities lie.

Wonder how many Tory snouts are feeding at the energy trough.

Surely the main people who benefit are those earning between 50K and 80K
£80k+ earners benefit the most. £50k-80k earners benefit more as you earn more.

I for one hope it comes in. The treasury has increased their tax takings from the salary inflation that has in large part been caused by actual inflation, pushing more people into that 40% tax bracket. The brackets haven't moved with inflation and has been at around this level for a long time! Estimated to be 2.5m to 4m more workers pushed into it this year.

Wonder how many Tory snouts are feeding at the energy trough. : Truss fund donors : 100K came from the wife of James Hay, a former BP executive

Bill from Truss will just be pushed down the road ... labour can't retrospectively introduce an additional windfall tax,
I suppose govt can u-turn after christmas, even if they & civil servants had months to come up with this idea.

lol what a stupid question

Yes use as much energy as you want for a fixed sum.... :cry:

You say that, but a lot people are reading 'Typical use Energy capped at £2500' as their bill shouldn't be more than £2.5k :p

e.g. one such example of hundreds just like it, which I've seen in the last 30 mins

52343208339_944ea0edc7_z.jpg

£80k+ earners benefit the most. £50k-80k earners benefit more as you earn more.

I for one hope it comes in. The treasury has increased their tax takings from the salary inflation that has in large part been caused by actual inflation, pushing more people into that 40% tax bracket. The brackets haven't moved with inflation and has been at around this level for a long time! Estimated to be 2.5m to 4m more workers pushed into it this year.
Poor choice of wording on my part. What I was trying to say is that those people are the main target for the change in tax bracket (in terms of the intent to offer help) and it just so happens that high earners benefit from it as well.

Back
Top Bottom