Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I was so close to buying an air con unit last summer when the heat was at its most stifling, but I'm not sure I'd be able to afford to run one this summer!

Wow...£300 for one bed, that must be some kind of electric blanket :D
isn't that when electric prices go up though. not what they are paying now.
still seems a lot though, I use around 30-45 on electric and around 20 a month heating the hot water once a day, never using radiators.

I guess I'll be spending more like 100-150+ when the rates kick in.

I'm not boiling the kettle and live alone, don't use fans in teh summer etc.

300 with the new rates for a one bed if he has a partner probably is not far from normal

Our Octopus gas/electric bill is currently £150 a month, according to the email we got its going up £80, so will be £230 a month come April. On the plus side, our last kid is finally moving out in June (he's 26) so for the first time in 30 years it will be just the two of us again. Hopefully that will mean the gas/electric usage will drop and that will offset some of the rise.

EDF reckon our electricity bill will go from £1200 - £1650 a year.

4 bed detached family of 4.

I mean, it ain't great but it's not as bad as I had feared. We are looking into solar panels now to try and offset that, although quite an investment, it's a better investment than most ar the moment, and good for the environment.

Also have pretty modern washing machine and dishwasher and we use the eco mode, every single light bulb is an LED. Try not to leave stuff on.

We both work from home so it's unavoidable to have laptops and multiple screen going all day, kettle on, well use more dishes and cups also.

I game on my pc a fair bit during the day also whilst working (cough).

Still the saving on petrol FAR outweighs the extra electricity used working from home.

Absolute SOB :cry:

I’m going to be thinking of that tomorrow as I already know I’m going to have a stressful day.

If it makes you feel any better I was working till nearly 1pm today, terrible....

On a really good day I can be do done by half 10 in the morning, my home made mouse wiggler does most of the hard work and I'm getting pretty good at PUBG these days lol

I game on my pc a fair bit during the day also whilst working (cough).

Out of curiosity, how much in real money terms does a PC setup work out as energyprice wise for a month? My other half and I both spend a large amount of time gaming and we both have high end PCs (I assume they are at least) , with 2 monitors per PC. Curious what the real money cost for those works out as

Out of curiosity, how much in real money terms does a PC setup work out as energyprice wise for a month? My other half and I both spend a large amount of time gaming and we both have high end PCs (I assume they are at least) , with 2 monitors per PC. Curious what the real money cost for those works out as

It vastly depends on your hardware.

But as a VERY rough estimate, whilst gaming, (not idling) I guess your PC and monitor etc will use, what, maybe 400 watts? That's .4kw/h.

Find out how much your energy supplier charges per khw, then work out how many hours a day you game, you can kinda work it out.

Depends on the meat really, high-end as in a 6c cpu or better with a 3080 would chew ~400w or more. If you both had similar machines double that and use a kwh calc online to give you your ballpark figure.

probably less than you think

use a calculator
https://www.sust-it.net/energy-calculator.php

don't put your psu wattage, just google how many watts your gpu and cpu use at full load then add 10% or something

Just googled EDF standard tarriff is 20.77p per kWh. Call it 20 pence for ease.

So say your gaming pc (for ease of maths) uses 500w all in. That's 0.5kwh. or roughly 10 pence per hour.

That seems cheap though, can someone double check maths here?

Edit: removed last bit dumb maths lol

Edit 2: yea maybe about right, say you game 4 hours a day, every day, that's about £150 a year, give or take.

Just googled EDF standard tarriff is 20.77p per kWh. Call it 20 pence for ease.

So say your gaming pc (for ease of maths) uses 500w all in. That's 0.5kwh. or roughly 10 pence per hour.

That seems cheap though, can someone double check maths here?

Edit: removed last bit dumb maths lol

Edit 2: yea maybe about right, say you game 4 hours a day, every day, that's about £150 a year, give or take.

From 1 April it's nearer 30p/kWh.

Back
Top Bottom