Energy Suppliers

was qoing to take the "Fix 1 Year v10" deal that was in my eon account, logged in a day or so later and saw i was migrating to eon next, i tried calling (eon next) several times with hold times of at least 20 minutes and could not get through, i could not see to accept the eon deal offered to me and i could not access anything from eon next

i have been sent nothing telling me of the migration except for seeing that message in my eon account

logged into my old eon next acount (was with them before eon) and there was nothing there only my old details as i asked them to close my account when i left them before

as i just could not get through on the phone i sent a complaint email, it was 3 weeks and it was eventally answered and after several emails and me wanting to open an offical complaint they offered the
fix v11 tarriif, i dont think i explained properly to them, i accepted thinking it was the best could get and they have backdated it to the start of march and want me to close the complaint

im not closing the complaint as i still am not happy but dont know what to really do about it

i cannot call them and emails are not the best platform for me to explain what i am unhappy with

Obviously the below is all my personal opinion and not that of the company and im not critising either you or the company here, just being straight with my thoughts.

Hmm kinda unfortunate timing for the migration for you but the circumstances were well outside your power. You've kinda shot yourself in the foot a little by accepting the V11 then saying you wont close the complaint. I would contact the person who holds your complaint, ask them to call you and then go through over eveything over the phone. I would explain that you accepted the V11 in a panic due to the price increases but in reality you wanted to accept the V10 but couldnt due to the migration and if you hadnt been in the migration process you would have accepted that so ideally you want the V10 over the V11. Dont threaten the person but casually mention you are happy to goto the ombudsman as you feel hard done by due to the issues accepting a price and the migration. This will steer some of the decision since it costs suppliers a fair bit to prep and deal with an ombudsman case so its often cheaper just to increase the offer. However i think your case if it went to the ombudsman would probably be 60/40 in the suppliers favour

Key things for me are:
1) Unfortunate timing of the migration during turbulent pricing period
2) No way for you to accept any pricing due to the migration from one company to another
3) While its annoying being on hold you should have persisted and spoken to them on the phone
4) Shot yourself in the foot accepting the V11 then wanting the V10 as ombudsman could see this as the V11 and backdating it as being a reasonable remedy

Kinda 50/50 on this one. Personally, i would say sod it and just put you on the V10 for the ease of resolving this and that you fell into a bit of a unique situation during the migration. The business however, i think, is being fairly generous offering ther V11 and backdating it as i think we are on the V12 or v13 now? and the V10 or V11 will 100% be a loss making for the business so there is little reason they would want to put you on either other than as a good will gesture and to be honest i think the V11 ticks that box.

How many meter readings are people supplying a month now ?

I used to supply one on 15th and one on 25th when my bill is usually produced and money is taken on 1st of month

How many meter readings are people supplying a month now ?

I used to supply one on 15th and one on 25th when my bill is usually produced and money is taken on 1st of month
Daily… smart meter seeing around £2-£3 increase on our daily consumption since April 1st. Used to be £4-£5 day now we’re at 6pm and already over £4 with no heating at all.

I think mine does one every 30 minutes with Octopus. This allows me to see their dashboard that gives you a breakdown hour by hour which is quite good for seeing where useage is highest.

@BigBoy so my online billing now seems pretty much fully operational. So their excuse of saying it needs gas to come online will now be void. However their systems seem broken, looks like I got free energy on Saturday as all the data isnt there for that day. Also the live 30 min updates seem to only appear for previous day now, so service seems downgraded, I guess maybe because of website crashing. This effectively makes the IHD even more important.

Of course IHD still a brick, will start harassing them tomorrow.

@BigBoy so my online billing now seems pretty much fully operational. So their excuse of saying it needs gas to come online will now be void. However their systems seem broken, looks like I got free energy on Saturday as all the data isnt there for that day. Also the live 30 min updates seem to only appear for previous day now, so service seems downgraded, I guess maybe because of website crashing. This effectively makes the IHD even more important.

Of course IHD still a brick, will start harassing them tomorrow.

Sounds like the system is coming back up, happy days, the web portal may still only be showing daily sue to demand on infrastructure.

The IHD will.need to be replaced to get it working.

Obviously the below is all my personal opinion and not that of the company and im not critising either you or the company here, just being straight with my thoughts.

Hmm kinda unfortunate timing for the migration for you but the circumstances were well outside your power. You've kinda shot yourself in the foot a little by accepting the V11 then saying you wont close the complaint. I would contact the person who holds your complaint, ask them to call you and then go through over eveything over the phone. I would explain that you accepted the V11 in a panic due to the price increases but in reality you wanted to accept the V10 but couldnt due to the migration and if you hadnt been in the migration process you would have accepted that so ideally you want the V10 over the V11. Dont threaten the person but casually mention you are happy to goto the ombudsman as you feel hard done by due to the issues accepting a price and the migration. This will steer some of the decision since it costs suppliers a fair bit to prep and deal with an ombudsman case so its often cheaper just to increase the offer. However i think your case if it went to the ombudsman would probably be 60/40 in the suppliers favour

Key things for me are:
1) Unfortunate timing of the migration during turbulent pricing period
2) No way for you to accept any pricing due to the migration from one company to another
3) While its annoying being on hold you should have persisted and spoken to them on the phone
4) Shot yourself in the foot accepting the V11 then wanting the V10 as ombudsman could see this as the V11 and backdating it as being a reasonable remedy

Kinda 50/50 on this one. Personally, i would say sod it and just put you on the V10 for the ease of resolving this and that you fell into a bit of a unique situation during the migration. The business however, i think, is being fairly generous offering ther V11 and backdating it as i think we are on the V12 or v13 now? and the V10 or V11 will 100% be a loss making for the business so there is little reason they would want to put you on either other than as a good will gesture and to be honest i think the V11 ticks that box.

have asked for a call back, on friday, guess its going to take a while to get back to me
thanks for your help, will update you what happens

Sounds like the system is coming back up, happy days, the web portal may still only be showing daily sue to demand on infrastructure.

The IHD will.need to be replaced to get it working.

Well I rang today just before 5pm, was in two minds as getting sick of it.

This guy said hasnt been comissioned properly, however unlike the others he did actually email me and did it right away, I sent him the picture of the GUID. So lets see what happens.

He did mention something about an appointment might need to be arranged so seemed to acknowledge the potential need for replacement as well.

Well I rang today just before 5pm, was in two minds as getting sick of it.

This guy said hasnt been comissioned properly, however unlike the others he did actually email me and did it right away, I sent him the picture of the GUID. So lets see what happens.

He did mention something about an appointment might need to be arranged so seemed to acknowledge the potential need for replacement as well.

Glad you are getting it sorted :) Finally!

Funny how British Gas were unable to produce a bill for me due to 'technical reasons' yet when I asked for my account credit to be paid to me they are all of a sudden able to produce an up to date bill.

Back
Top Bottom