Energy Suppliers

Soldato
I mean price increases have literally been talked about everywhere for the last few months. April is when it kicked in which is why you're seeing the jump. Everyone is.

A lot of people won't see what is going on until the new bills start coming through. I've talked to a few friends and family that had no idea what is coming when their fixed deal ends in a couple of months time.

Caporegime
A lot of people won't see what is going on until the new bills start coming through. I've talked to a few friends and family that had no idea what is coming when their fixed deal ends in a couple of months time.

Coming off fixes is going to seem even worse!
Long fixes could mean 3x bill increase for some

Soldato

Given the energy price rises have been discussed to death for the last 3 months, if they don’t know what’s coming, it’s difficult to have sympathy for the bill shock unless they are genuinely unable to engage with it (E.g. have certainly disabilities).

Soldato
Given the energy price rises have been discussed to death for the last 3 months, if they don’t know what’s coming, it’s difficult to have sympathy for the bill shock unless they are genuinely unable to engage with it (E.g. have certainly disabilities).

Most folk pay little to no attention to most of their bills, there's going to be quite the kick off when the new rates hit the door mat.

Soldato
Although it has been in the media for a while, making your feelings known about the large increase to the relevant people should not be criticised.... Else what do people do, just shrug and accept it?

Soldato
so EON is still refusing to install a smart meter citing that their system says there is no signal here.

Is there anything (sensibly priced and easily installed) that I can get that would give me the same information as a smart meter? I want to identify if there are periods where usage is higher than others, or where I've expected it to be low but it hasn't been etc...

Soldato
Making your feelings known is very different to not having a clue until ‘the latter drops on your doormat’ (via email…).

Of course. The vast majority of people who claim to be unaware of fuel prices increasing are simply liars or ignorant.

The people who are still shocked by HOW much it has went up by (especially long term fixers) are not. They have been told by all the media to expect a circa 56% increase? (I may be slightly out) but a lot are seeing 100%-150% increase so it will come as a shock.

Soldato
so EON is still refusing to install a smart meter citing that their system says there is no signal here.

Is there anything (sensibly priced and easily installed) that I can get that would give me the same information as a smart meter? I want to identify if there are periods where usage is higher than others, or where I've expected it to be low but it hasn't been etc...
https://www.theowl.com/index.php?cID=185

Soldato

https://geotogether.com/product/minim-led/

They're a good brand, they make some of the IHDs used with smart meters.

Soldato

Out of curiosity, do you think they are lying to you? many areas across the UK still have signal problems.

Soldato

Only watt meters I can think off, they do store historical data, the per hour breakdown is only for previous 24h though, after that its per day, and after 7 days its per week, and they would only work on anything that uses a socket, so not things hardwired like immersion heater.

Note my answer is obsolete haha, someone above pointed out the owl meter.

Soldato
Out of curiosity, do you think they are lying to you? many areas across the UK still have signal problems.

Not lying, but they haven't physically checked. My robot lawnmower is 2G and has full signal, I've checked coverage on a few networks and they've all had 2G, so i think they're just doing a "computer says no", and when i requested they actually came and checked instead of relying on a map, they said they couldn't do that...

Back
Top Bottom