Energy Suppliers

Just for a little balance in regards Octopus

I am now on my second month of billing issues.

Last month when the CS rep replied to my why have you taken money but produced no bill query with they had managed to produce a bill.
This month they initially claimed they missed data for my gas pricing, and once they fixed that they now say they still cannot produce a bill still so it has been referred to an expert team.

I pointed out to CS that this was fine until I signed up for export on elec. To be told they have reviewed my export and it looks fine.

I only had one issue and it was my elec export stopping it generating the bill properly, guess the problem can be different for different people perhaps, but does seem to be a bit of a coincidence.

Yeah I remember you saying and its proving really painful now with the 3rd CS person completely missing the point in regards me saying could they possibly check if export is having any issue in regards my bills not being produced.

1) Its a gas issue but now we have fixed that its not happening would you like to change your billing date
2) I checked your export and we have records
3) Here is the schedule when you ask to switched to SEG

Its getting worse on each reply

For the avoidance of doubt in regards to any rule breaking, I did indeed PM @ci_newman to request a code from him, for answering my question about why he switched. I'd completely forgotten about referral codes, and if I'm honest didn't even know that they are still a thing since prices went crazy.

@jpaul I don't want another device on a side somewhere in the house, I use the Loop app to track usage and whilst I do have HA set up, I find myself doing very little with it.

Yeah I remember you saying and its proving really painful now with the 3rd CS person completely missing the point in regards me saying could they possibly check if export is having any issue in regards my bills not being produced.

1) Its a gas issue but now we have fixed that its not happening would you like to change your billing date
2) I checked your export and we have records
3) Here is the schedule when you ask to switched to SEG

Its getting worse on each reply
Growth problems.

Whenever I queried them on email that was to do with non mainstream tariff stuff, I often got replies from people who just didnt understand the tariffs. I even experienced it on the phone as well.

Octopus has a large influx of Bulb users now, plus earlier SOLR which I expect has had them focus on basic SVR tariff training for their staff.

The twitter account seems to be staffed by better trained people though so that might be worth trying.

Growth problems.

Whenever I queried them on email that was to do with non mainstream tariff stuff, I often got replies from people who just didnt understand the tariffs. I even experienced it on the phone as well.

Octopus has a large influx of Bulb users now, plus earlier SOLR which I expect has had them focus on basic SVR tariff training for their staff.

The twitter account seems to be staffed by better trained people though so that might be worth trying.

Those were twitter replies!
Agree twitter did seem to be the better way to communicate previously.

I think its one of them issues where they don't read the previous properly so lose context for the last reply.

Those were twitter replies!
Agree twitter did seem to be the better way to communicate previously.

I think its one of them issues where they don't read the previous properly so lose context for the last reply.

I also suspect the twitter thing is manned differently depending on time of day and such as well.

For the avoidance of doubt in regards to any rule breaking, I did indeed PM @ci_newman to request a code from him, for answering my question about why he switched. I'd completely forgotten about referral codes, and if I'm honest didn't even know that they are still a thing since prices went crazy.

@jpaul I don't want another device on a side somewhere in the house, I use the Loop app to track usage and whilst I do have HA set up, I find myself doing very little with it.

Honestly think that was the right place for you to go anyway :)

Wow, dont know what to say then. Thats pretty bad.

Had another reply, "I have made a reminder to check your bill produces fine next month but no reason it shouldn't" I replied with I am more worried about getting a bill for this month than worrying about next month at this point
And had another message to say they are looking into it.

I have had odd messages on my dashboard for a month. It seems the export data will initially give an error without a months data even though the default graph is the weekly one.
As soon as you get a months data the message goes away. I tried to tell them this was my suspicion a couple of weeks ago (at week three) since I noticed it was referring to a date a month before the current date.
Again I suffered from inability to read and they triggered a meter review supposedly.
I'm pretty sure its just inexperienced staff but its getting annoying.

No rules were broken (at least by you) :) People are allowed to request referral codes, we're just not allowed to approach people with referral codes or post them up here.

Octopus still haven't charged me for gas since moving from Bulb 3 months ago. They do seem fairly useless so far..
Been useless for me since my Octopus Go tarriff ended last September. Gas price on smart meter took a year to correct, electric took 6 months.

Not had an electric bill since 2022, not had a gas bill since March yet I can download my usage for data every half hour since I joined from them.

As soon as you get a months data the message goes away. I tried to tell them this was my suspicion a couple of weeks ago (at week three) since I noticed it was referring to a date a month before the current date.

I suspect this to be a red herring, based on data the portal sees and the expected start/end dates of the data that it has.

I see this as well when I start a new week and it doesn't have the data yet.

I also think that UTC and daylight savings may play into it, as my smart data sometimes bleeds into the next day.

As long as there are no obvious gaps in the overall data they have, then it shouldn't really present a billing issue.

What was the issue in the end? Was it the export like we thought?

They didn't say but thats my suspicion.
There was a one day adjustment on there for export in last period that was missing from last bill but I didn't care about at the time.

Maybe when the person forced it through last month they caused a larger issue for this month with some data relating to the prior period unfixed or something.

Octopus still haven't charged me for gas since moving from Bulb 3 months ago. They do seem fairly useless so far..

Happened to me with electric import and export. Turned out they hadn't entered a starting date for the automatic generation of bills. A quick message and it's been great so far.

It looks like they may be fixing something after a nudge from me. Submitted meter readings today and it now says

"Gas A charge of £471.30 hasn't yet been applied. This transaction will be reviewed before being finalised"

Still getting an error when applying for a smart meter, looks be a few issues with people moving from Bulb but getting sorted slowly.

It looks like they may be fixing something after a nudge from me. Submitted meter readings today and it now says

"Gas A charge of £471.30 hasn't yet been applied. This transaction will be reviewed before being finalised"

Still getting an error when applying for a smart meter, looks be a few issues with people moving from Bulb but getting sorted slowly.

Funny, that gas message was what I had as well.
Maybe there was some data issue on their system in regards gas.

Interestingly in the news today, there has been a load of modern stuff built for renewable energy with no capacity on the grid to connect it, Ofgem have recently approved a SC increase (which they say is so small to be felt by customers) to get the capacity increased, some companies have been quoted a waiting time of over 10 years to connect up to the grid.

Short termism I expect led to this situation.

Back
Top Bottom