Energy Suppliers

Bills shouldnt though if they have been buying their energy in advance as they kept saying last year when the prices went up. How can bills spike when energy costs are so low at the moment, beggars belief

Last edited:
Having fun with Scottish power at the moment. Can't get through on the phone.
Then live chat doesn't see anything wrong with with our Jan - April usage being 523KwH then April - July 10,000 KwH. They think I've just accidently left my factory plugged in.

Last edited:
So my saga with EON next numpties continues.... I'm still on a random gas fixed I never once asked for. I've just logged on though and got my new next flex prices through for electricity:

t0kjcpu.jpeg

The meter is still reporting 48p a kWh and 50p standing charge with 18p evening charge but I guess those take an age to update?

The whole experience with Eon next has been miserable and totally unnecessary though so I'll be moving to Octopus as soon as they redact my gas fixed deal (I'm assuming it has 75 quid exit fees) and my July 5th direct debit puts a ding in my balance remaining.
So the saga with EON is almost over. They've put me on Gas Next Flex with no exit fees, and credited me another £20. I've gotta say, £110 is welcomed "free money" but my god it was a pretty frustrating way to earn £110 lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Guys,

My "new" tariff is not showing up on my meter nor on Bright/Hugo etc. It still shows 50p a kwh and 10p a kwh for gas. Is that a concern? Or will I still be being billed correctly "in the back end"?

So how do I swap to the tracker gas? Is it worth swapping tracker electric as well?

When I click on change tariff it only has loyal 12M or flexible which I'm already on.

Last edited:
So how do I swap to the tracker gas? Is it worth swapping tracker electric as well?

When I click on change tariff it only has loyal 12M or flexible which I'm already on.
Wait till later this month when they open it up, hopefully then you can do it via point and click, if not email or twitter DM them.

11.54p/kWh today on electric tracker. Almost makes me want to fire some stuff up whilst it's cheap. That is nearly a third of the SVR.

I wait with baited breath for your post if it ever goes above SVR and suddenly it's "unfair" and "why should I be paying more than wealthy pensioners" etc etc :p

Last edited:
I wait with baited breath for your post if it ever goes above SVR and suddenly it's "unfair" and "why should I be paying more than wealthy pensioners" etc etc :p

Actually as you know, I think these rates should be available to everyone. The SVR does not reflect the actual prices, you may argue it's some kind of hedge to the winter but I don't think it is.

Obviously it will be monitored and if the prices seem to be going the wrong direction and above svr then I will switch back to svr. Which is precisely my point - why can't all customers just have that done to them automatically.

Last edited:
I’m at -2.1p on Agile at the mo. Car will be filled for free ready to an old Trafford tour tomorrow…

Peaks and troughs :p
Cancel your trip to Old Trafford, tomorrows rates :D
10:00 - 10:30-3.75p/kWh
10:30 - 11:00-0.86p/kWh
11:00 - 11:30-1.68p/kWh
11:30 - 12:00-2.94p/kWh
12:00 - 12:30-4.32p/kWh
12:30 - 13:00-7.32p/kWh
13:00 - 13:30-5.25p/kWh
13:30 - 14:00-8.82p/kWh
14:00 - 14:30-7.73p/kWh
14:30 - 15:00-7.08p/kWh