Energy Suppliers

I think its good they made the 1st July system let you choose the fuel, when I joined tracker last year, it had to be done manually by staff if one only wanted it on electric or gas (not both).

email recieved, gas tracker picked. Will be updated by 7th july and back dated to the 1st july.

Also received and done the gas option.

Although I'm also still waiting for them to get back to me on the gas meter. It started off ok with readings coming through but I've not had any through for several days now. The electricity smart meter is still working.

No but double? And if you look at the weekly rate its quite stable. Why should you need a special tariff, that only one supplier offers, to get the prices these companies are actually paying?
Because the energy is prepurchased, what you're arguing for is unhedged supply which is exactly the reason so many companies in the energy market collapsed recently. Its fine when the good times are rolling but I'll guarantee if the prices shot up you'd be begging for government support rather than paying up.

Last edited:
Because the energy is prepurchased, what you're arguing for is unhedged supply which is exactly the reason so many companies in the energy market collapsed recently. Its fine when the good times are rolling but I'll guarantee if the prices shot up you'd be begging for government support rather than paying up.
Is the pre-purchasing strategy of these companies efficient for customers?

Perhaps they should charge wholesale rates + X in the summer and pre-purchase their winter energy.

How do you know the purchasing strategies are designed to minimise costs for customers?

Is the pre-purchasing strategy of these companies efficient for customers?

Perhaps they should charge wholesale rates + X in the summer and pre-purchase their winter energy.

How do you know the purchasing strategies are designed to minimise costs for customers?
Look at the spot prices for the last year. At points they were significantly higher than the SVR.

The tracker is only better because we are currently in a falling market where the pre-purchased prices lag the current actual. Go back to the start of the war and the complete opposite was true. It was a rising market and the pre-purchased price lagged the spot price which was considerably higher.

Talk about cake and eating it.

In a few months the SVR and spot price should be pretty close. The spot price as seemingly levelled out so the pre-purchased price should catch up to it over time.

Back
Top Bottom