Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Tracker should cost less on average, it could cost more sometimes, but I've not seen that yet.

I'd go tracker if you don't mind the small chance it could cost more on occasion.

Tracker has no exit fees, so if it's rising too much you can move to flexible.

Evidence so far suggests that tracker is basically always cheaper than flexible.
The only glitch with leaving is, you can't return for 9 months.

Soldato
Just read through the last view pages and think I'll switch over to Octopus. Everyone is saying go for the tracker, but I can't see how to select that.
I stick the postcode in and just says the Flexible is the cheapest.

Soldato
Not sure you even need to email them think you can switch yourself to tracker via the site once you're switched over to Flexible.

Once you can sign in and it shows you're on Flexible, try signing up for tracker via:

Soldato
@BigBoy
Is anybody else with EDF and having problems?

I called EDF to adjust my direct debit (raise it :() and they tried to pull my current meter readings to get an accurate estimated usage before adjusting it. They weren't able to get my gas reading and apparently they haven't had any readings for my gas since April. I find this odd, because there are actual readings for both electric and gas on my latest bill, which was generated in October.

It seems that EDF have completely changed systems and are currently migrating customers over to the new systems. With EDF's new systems, customers now ha+ve new account numbers, EDF's bank account number for direct debits has changed and their main customer service phone number has also changed. Customers will now receive monthly statements instead of 6-monthly statements, something I think is way overdue and very surprised they haven't implemented far sooner. It's as though EDF have been taken over by somebody else, but they haven't.

The "Electricity supply disconnect" persists on my IHD, but everything else seemed to be working until recently. I was told to give it a week or two for things to settle down before contacting EDF again to see what's going on. Hopefully they can run their diagnostic tests on my equipment, because I don't really want to worry about EDF not billing me for my gas usage over winter.

Associate
LPG to your home, does anyone know if there is much difference between the suppliers, Calor, Flogas, Northern Energy and Avanti seem to be the choices to a home we’re hoping to move to in the new year

Soldato
No one has oil tanks any more due to the cost.
If you have an existing oil tank system then replacing it with a more modern gas powered system is going to be very expensive..

Associate
No one has oil tanks any more due to the cost.
If you have an existing oil tank system then replacing it with a more modern gas powered system is going to be very expensive..
No the house we are buying has an LPG tank in the garden, it’s the only option as very rural. We have 4 suppliers (mentioned in my post) and from what I’ve read, you treat them like your own energy supplier and have to sign a two year contract

Soldato
Remind me, is it Octopus Flux that most people go for? The one where the price changes per day?

I do have solar panels but weak ones so never really give back in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom