Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Thanks, I could only seeing the fixed option when looking at switching tariffs, I could not even find the tracker option.
Will take a look tomorrow, it seam lower, just wondering how often did the price go above the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, since its not protected ?
also how do I find the Daily standing charge ?

anything else I should be aware of ?

There's loads of tabs at the top, select Tracker and it will ask you to select your area.

Standing charges you can find on the Octopus site, mine for example are 47.5E, 26.84G.

Associate
Thanks, I could only seeing the fixed option when looking at switching tariffs, I could not even find the tracker option.
Will take a look tomorrow, it seam lower, just wondering how often did the price go above the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, since its not protected ?
also how do I find the Daily standing charge ?

anything else I should be aware of ?

Personally I use this site and like the way it presents the data, can go back by 365 days and scales very well on phone:

https://gastracker.uk/

OlhAKeX.png

Last edited:
Associate
The crowdsourced savings data is interesting too - mine is mingled in there as i've given them api access to get my usage data.. but from real user data its calculated an average saving of £850 over the past 12 months for detached homes users vs SVR rate.

Soldato
9K lol
"I don't have smart meters. Here's a tip for you, when Octopus ask for you to send the meter readings in just ignore the messages and e-mails they just charge you the average bill for houses in that street."

Probably the worst advice in that thread. At the end of the day, it wasn't the smart meters themselves that caused the problem, it was human error - which is one of the reasons I encourage smart meters, as humans can and do make mistakes.

Soldato
"I don't have smart meters. Here's a tip for you, when Octopus ask for you to send the meter readings in just ignore the messages and e-mails they just charge you the average bill for houses in that street."

Probably the worst advice in that thread. At the end of the day, it wasn't the smart meters themselves that caused the problem, it was human error - which is one of the reasons I encourage smart meters, as humans can and do make mistakes.
To be fair a lad did call him out lol. Seems like a forum for real plonkers, which gives us hope for GD.

Soldato
Biggest advantage for me getting smart meters is I don't have to fumble around in a half buried spider infested box in the rain to read the meter.

Honestly it's a bonus for sure, the IHD can be useful as well to track what current usage is like, see if you got anything running off with the power.

Since I added solar though the IHD is basically useless now because it can go negative, or is not using much as battery feeds load :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Honestly it's a bonus for sure, the IHD can be useful as well to track what current usage is like, see if you got anything running off with the power.

Since I added solar though the IHD is basically useless now because it can go negative, or is not using much as battery feeds load :)

Also useless on tracker I think as it can't deal with changing prices daily. At least it was the case a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom