England vs India Test & ODI Series *SPOILERS*

Soldato
Well it's not really that complicated, England will win the series if they win more games than India do :p

Darn rain . . . one more wicket and it's a win! Doesn't look too likely at the mo with the weather.

Soldato
Bloody hell India had them right where they wanted and then this rain ;)

Thought it was a pretty tight match for most of it, if anything India's first inning total was around 80-90 short but apart from that it was very tight. The bowlers had the conditions in their favour so was very hard to bat on, even Pietersen was saying the morning was hardest session he had ever played through but when the sun came out in the afternoon he battered India senseless. Well played Dhoni as well, a very different innings as he likes the big 'bollywood' shots but had to dig in and an innings like this is one the most important he will play.

Hopefully get some good weather for the 2nd match.

Soldato
Jazz said:
Bloody hell India had them right where they wanted and then this rain ;)

Thought it was a pretty tight match for most of it, if anything India's first inning total was around 80-90 short but apart from that it was very tight. The bowlers had the conditions in their favour so was very hard to bat on, even Pietersen was saying the morning was hardest session he had ever played through but when the sun came out in the afternoon he battered India senseless. Well played Dhoni as well, a very different innings as he likes the big 'bollywood' shots but had to dig in and an innings like this is one the most important he will play.

Hopefully get some good weather for the 2nd match.

Tbh I think it was England's game most of the way through apart from the odd wobble (when Prior came in for example and we were in need of a good partnership).

See some of the anti-Vaughan crowd have been out in the media criticizing slow over rates. FFS he scores 78 and a hardworked 30 and nearly captains the side to victory and still people aren't happy even when it was the weather's fault not his.

Soldato
General cricket story rather than one to do with this tour.

Marcus Trescothick has ruled himself out of all winter tours because his *cough* mental illness isn't better. Think it's time to say he won't be picked any more. If a space does become available I'd rather a young player being given a chance now. Denly or Godleman or Bopara for example

Associate
All relative .. spicy pitch .. should knock the lil Indians over, set a juicy 2nd innings total and watch them fail as they chase miserably on a wearing 5th day pitch

Up yours Tendulkar and Dravid

Soldato
Rosbif said:
All relative .. spicy pitch .. should knock the lil Indians over, set a juicy 2nd innings total and watch them fail as they chase miserably on a wearing 5th day pitch

Just what I've been thinking. If we can nudge over 200 we still stand a decent chance if Jimmy and Sidebottom bowl well.

Soldato
heh India bowling England out for under 200? The ODI's started already ;) To be fair though despite me bad mouthing the bowling so far in this tour they have actually been very good, Zaheer Khan in this innings bowled very well, RP Singh was a bit expensive but the rest have done really well. Are adapting well to these conditions and Zaheer has played country cricket so should adapt better than the others.

Now watch India get bowled out for 150 :D

Rosbif said:
I would 'LOVE IT' if Tendulkars, Dravids, Gangulys etc last England tour was a complete failure and 3 nil drubbing ...
Rosbif said:
Tbh who is worried about not having Harmison around? Have we all forgot that he did absolutely nothing against the Windies? I'm not worried at all ... Tremlett is a decent bowler, Anderson blows hot and cold but has been bowling well lately ... Sidebottom, Panesar are quality ... not worried at all ... they'll be better than this Indian tripe
Rosbif said:
Closet India fan tbh ;)

Soldato
India are 102-0 after 32 overs with Karthik making his second test fifty in a row and Jaffer on 45. Very good and solid start for India and first time in a long time I can remember the openers putting up a century stand. Karthik has impressed me so far. Despite his dropped catch in the first match he is actually a very good fielder and a busy opening batsman as well. Personally think he is better wicket keeper than Dhoni but for commercial reasons I can't see Dhoni being dropped for him

Gonna take one hell of a collapse for them to be out for 150 as I predicted but with India you never know :o

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not a bad start for the Indians, 338/3 at lunch with Tendulkar making 87 not out and Ganguly joining him on 53 not out. Will be interesting to see if Tendulkar gets his century after lunch.

Seems to be an entertaining match to say the least, still think it will end up in a draw though...just cant see the Indians beating the English in Test cricket as England seem to do very well in them.

Either way interesting match unfolding though.

Back
Top Bottom