English League Football ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th November 2010]

-----------Reina
Carra--Soto--Skrtel--Konch
--Meireles-Lucas-Gerrard
----Kuyt-Torres--Maxi

If they play 4-3-3 that is pretty attacking.

We won't though. It will be a 4-4-2 with our ~£12m CM on the right. Maxi will naturally come in side, as will Meireles and we'll have no outlet other than to hit it long for Torres and Kuyt to compete with Huth and Shawcross.

As Danny Murphy said shortly after Hodgson took the job, we'll try to be compact at the back and rely on a moment of individual play from a Torres or a Gerrard to pinch a goal.

Spurs were comfortable at 4-0 and then took their foot off the gas, I hate when teams do this.

Great last ditch tackle on Jenas when he was through on goal

MW

As I said earlier in the thread, for all you dominance, you always looked edgy at the back and it was only going to be a matter of time before Blackburn got a goal.

We won't though. It will be a 4-4-2 with our ~£12m CM on the right. Maxi will naturally come in side, as will Meireles and we'll have no outlet other than to hit it long for Torres and Kuyt to compete with Huth and Shawcross.
No, no, no! We're only playing like this because the squad Hodgson was left is so poor. Once we've signed a beanpole from the Championship, a few more Poulsens for midfield and a donkey for the back we'll start seeing free flowing attacking football like Barcelona play, mark my words! :o

As I said earlier in the thread, for all you dominance, you always looked edgy at the back and it was only going to be a matter of time before Blackburn got a goal.

That's the problem we have, when we're playing to a good tempo we have a lot of the ball in the oppositions half. When we drop the tempo late in games it means we see less of the ball and end up defending and with our injuries the defence doesn't always look that convincing. I don't know why they don't just play at that tempo through out the game as it's something they can do and we do it when we're loosing and still continue scoring.

MW

No, it's for leaving the field of play. Vidic done that and if the ref is booking Young for his celebration then Vidic should have got a 2nd yellow too.

No it's not, you shouldn't quote the rule if you don't know them to be honest. People might take it as read.

Poor performance from us until the 80th minute. Wish it had gone on for just 5 minutes longer!

Typing this on my way back....
What a dire game, a point is a point but we could have easily won this game anyways Mancini knows he is safe being 4th and knowing there is no other managers out there who can replace him.

Manchester City must be the most boring team in the world.

Mancini will be replaced before long, he's riding his luck.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do Stoke supporters have any songs?

Manchester City must be the most boring team in the world.

Mancini will be replaced before long, he's riding his luck.
Be replaced by who? if he does get sacked then we are only going to have to start all over again so its pointless sacking him plus he is doing what the owners want:Top 4 and in a strong position in Europa.

Back
Top Bottom