English League Football ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th November 2010]

Be replaced by who? if he does get sacked then we are only going to have to start all over again so its pointless sacking him plus he is doing what the owners want:Top 4 and in a strong position in Europa.

In the long run, defending like you are playing against Barcelona vs everyone isn't really going to work :p

0-0 HT

Typical Hodgson Liverpool ****.

• Defence too deep
  • Lucas and Gerarrd too deep
  • No width in midfield
  • No support for Torres

Last weekend Lucas was MOTM because the defence were actually passing to him but he's barely getting a touch today because every single ball from the back is hit long :mad:

WTF is Torres meant to do in the air against man mountains at the back? :mad:

In the long run, defending like you are playing against Barcelona vs everyone isn't really going to work :p
Well in the long run Mancini might sort our team out and win the prem ;)
I agree though we do need to start doing something but that something i am unsure as to if it will come from Mancini.

And if reports/rumours are true its no wonder Torres/Reina wanna tell Roy were to shove it, Thanks for the summary PK sounds exactly like last week.

ID rather we played attacking football and lost than lets sit here for 90mins of bordom and not win anyway =(

Who'd have guessed how we'd play? :o

Shocking first half from us. Roy should have just asked Pulis if he'd take a point before the game so we don't have to watch this ****.
No it's not, you shouldn't quote the rule if you don't know them to be honest. People might take it as read.

Whether that's what it says word for word in the rule book, I don't know. But that is what the rule is in essence. It certainly doesn't stipulate that you have to enter the crowd for it to be a booking, like I questioned.

What Young done and what Vidic done was no different. The punishments dished out were different though. You can hide behind the wording of the rule if you want but everybody other than some Utd fans accept that if Young was booked, so should have Vidic.

edit: and a quick google would suggest that 'deliberately leaving the field of play without the officials permission' is a bookable offence.

Last edited:
It's booked under excessive celebration. In fact there is specific wording that a player may leave the field of play while celebrating a goal, they may not however climb over the barrier. So whether it wa a booking or not your statement that it is an offence under leaving the field of play is materially incorrect.

Excessive is at a referees discretion so unless actions were identical then saying the ref bottled it is crap.

*edit and your google reference shows you haven't looked into this at all.

Last edited:
Good post on another forum:
Still in Champions League spot. Had 25 shots. One goal disallowed. One cleared off the line. Kept 60% plus of possession. On 2.5 days rest. Unlucky result, but still in great position. Calm down everyone!
Edit:
As much as i think Mancini will eventually be doing a better job then he is now i think we should bring in Hiddink if he doesnt mind doing another russia/chelsea.

Last edited:
Just got back from Spurs vs. Blackburn.

The scoreline flattered Blackburn, who were the worst side I've seen at White Hart Lane this season. Yes, they scored two late goals but the game was over by that point and Spurs was playing at 60% effort.

There were a lot of good performances for Spurs though. Assou-Ekotto had one of his good games and didn't put a foot wrong all night. He was composed in defence and his passing and vision was exceptional for a full-back. Gareth Bale was back to his best too. I thought that he had a very poor game, by his standards, against Sunderland but today he got at back time and time again. And I know that Pavlyuchenko missed a penalty and a one-on-one but he had an outstanding game. He was really working the channel well and made some very intelligent passes. Like Assou-Ekotto, it's a real shame that he's not more consistent.

Man of the match was Luka Modric though. He's been playing really well for quite a few weeks now and today was no exception. He's one of those players who is impossible to fully appreciate from just watching Match of the Day. He was involved in everything today though and almost all of Spurs' chances came through him. His close control is exceptional.

Back
Top Bottom