English League Football ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th November 2010]

0-0 HT

Typical Hodgson Liverpool ****.

• Defence too deep
  • Lucas and Gerarrd too deep
  • No width in midfield
  • No support for Torres

Last weekend Lucas was MOTM because the defence were actually passing to him but he's barely getting a touch today because every single ball from the back is hit long :mad:

WTF is Torres meant to do in the air against man mountains at the back? :mad:

^ sums it up well.

Roy just doesnt want to damage his impressive away record ;)

Well i can work it out Roy thought oo 2-0 first half so we will sit on it, He then thought oh i saw us do a couple counter attacks and all games since chelsea is doing them same for entireity of the match.

Useless crap tactics, His subs never help either since their always wrong.

I just cant work Roy out, the great first half against Chelsea... and now this :confused:

Blimey.
It'll no doubt be blamed on the squad should we go on to lose but what people don't seem to understand is that the root cause of our problems are Roy's tactics and mentality.

It wouldn't matter if we had a defence of Miacon, Lucio, Vidic and Cole because they would be forced to sit deep and hit the ball long.

It wouldn't matter if we had midfield of Ronaldo, Messi, Gerrard and Essien because the ball would bypass them every time the defence got hold of it.

It's such a negative way of playing football that no amount of World Class players will ever make a Hodgson team look good. God forbid he ever gets to manage England.

Defensive lacking in ambition drivel again, I've said it before a dozen times and I will say it again, I don't mind if we lose just so long as we set out our stall to attack and take the game to the opposition , Roy though seems to be utterly focused on setting up a dam and picking up 1 goal every game. Sorry but I expect more than that sort of play. Frankly if I was any of liverpools big name players I would be demanding a key to the exit in January.

Hmm, don't be so quick to dismiss that style of play. Best learn how not to lose (ok, it's gone a bit pear shaped today) rather than going gung-ho, leaving yourself exposed and deffo losing. It might be negative but there have been successful managers focused on defence. Mourhino for example of all people.

As much as I love Wenger's all out attack policy, I still maintain a thought years after he left that George Graham would have had a better trophy/time ratio than the Frenchman.

Hmm, don't be so quick to dismiss that style of play. Best learn how not to lose (ok, it's gone a bit pear shaped today) rather than going gung-ho, leaving yourself exposed and deffo losing. It might be negative but there have been successful managers focused on defence. Mourhino for example of all people.

As much as I love Wenger's all out attack policy, I still maintain a thought years after he left that George Graham would have had a better trophy/time ratio than the Frenchman.

I don't dismiss it, I've seen how effective it can be in teams like Fulham and sunderland in the past, I'm just saying that its not a style of play that I appreciate. Ultimately its a spectator sport and I watch primarily for entertainment , I just don't find that playstyle entertaining, I don't like to see the teams that I follow just sitting back for 89 mins and hoping to nick a goal in the other 1 minute. I like to see attacking football even if it means that points don't go into the bank. It's just a matter of preference.

Back
Top Bottom