• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Entry level Alder Lake: i5-12400 review, the new value king

Soldato
Comparing actual power draw of one part to TDP of another.

There's also heat density to consider.

The 12900k is turned up to 11 and difficult/expensive to keep cool in full core workloads....but fine for gaming.

The rest of the stack has been doing fine with cooling in general.

Yeah. 150 watt is 45 watts more than 105 watts. That’s the heat load placed on the cooling element to dissipate.

Soldato
]
The T parts are potentially looking really promising. 12700T at 35watt and H670 should offer some very impressive performance per watt figures.

Looks like Intel is already doing well without the T parts:
81-Power-Draw-Mixed.png

Soldato
Again, 150 watts is 45 watts more than 105 watts.

Great. You can do math with two unrelated numbers.

TDP and actual power draw are two different numbers. You know this, but I suspect you really just need to distract from direct comparisons of performance here, and thus persevere.

Soldato
Great. You can do math with two unrelated numbers.

TDP and actual power draw are two different numbers. You know this, but I suspect you really just need to distract from direct comparisons of performance here, and thus persevere.

151 watts is what the part pulled. You need a cooler that can at least dissipate that. If that’s on the moon inside or out, it’s still 151 watts.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Soldato
151 watts is what the part pulled. You need a cooler that can at least dissipate that. If that’s on the moon inside or out, it’s still 151 watts.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

And AMD's parts pull more than their TDP too.

Heck, the wraith cooler from my "105w" 3800X was unable to cool my "105w" 5800X. TDP is NOT power draw.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Back
Top Bottom