Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Soldato
That would be a massive disappointment, but I doubt it. The whole point of the giveaway is to have highly rated and desirable games with mass appeal.

Except the leak doing the rounds is exactly that.

NBA 2K21 is most likely this week's Free Game on Epic Games Store, this text is scheduled to appear tomorrow: - FREE: The MEGA Sale Vault is Open - You’ve never been closer to the game. NBA 2K21 brings you the next generation of basketball, totally for FREE! Offer ends May 27.

Associate
OP
So in just over 3 hours we can see what the mystery game is

And with is the mystery of the second game.

And for the record (in case I am right), these are the other possibilities I think they might be:
Division 2
Doom (2016)
Forza Horizon 5 (or which even the latest one is that is set in the UK)
Witcher 3
Fallout 4
Collection of Grid or Dirt games, I know Codemasters are owned by EA now, but I think they are allowing them to remain autonomous.
No Man's Sky
Project Cars 2
State of Decay collection
A collection of Assassin's Creeds or Far Cry games
The Outer Worlds
Or maybe something like Vamyr, the Evil Within or Prey.

As for the games it will not be, I don't think it will be any main EA game, or one from Activation (ie CoD), or any popular multiplayer game like Pubg or Rainbow Six.

Man of Honour
NBA2k21 would be a huge meh for me, I dont like sports games, I dont like basketball, so to me that game is the exact opposite of a big title.

Associate
Not trying to change anyone's opinion about basketball, but it does still make for a good videogame.

Plenty of Americans hate football but will still play Fifa games because it still translates to a good video game, the same can be true of basketball games even if you don't like basketball. The 3 point risk and reward vs 2 points blend does make for a good game.

I didn't like basketball but became a moderate fan though playing video games of it, NBA Jam alone was well worth playing whether you knew anything about basketball or not.

If it helps a Scottish Canadian invented the game when Canada had much closer ties to the UK, so it's not as American as you might think.

You might find you enjoy the games even if you don't like the sport, a bit like golf games.

Associate
OP
Not trying to change anyone's opinion about basketball, but it does still make for a good videogame.

Plenty of Americans hate football but will still play Fifa games because it still translates to a good video game, the same can be true of basketball games even if you don't like basketball. The 3 point risk and reward vs 2 points blend does make for a good game.

I didn't like basketball but became a moderate fan though playing video games of it, NBA Jam alone was well worth playing whether you knew anything about basketball or not.

If it helps a Scottish Canadian invented the game when Canada had much closer ties to the UK, so it's not as American as you might think.

You might find you enjoy the games even if you don't like the sport, a bit like golf games.

That might be the case, but the point is that it doesn't make for a good headline grabbing, let's wait for the servers to crash game. Which is what happened last year with GTA V.

Soldato

Indeed, people will moan whatever game it is.

That might be the case, but the point is that it doesn't make for a good headline grabbing, let's wait for the servers to crash game. Which is what happened last year with GTA V.

Whether its NBA or one of the games you listed there will always be a vocal group of people that hate it. Don't forget these games are free.

Soldato
I'm hoping that it's Metro Exodus. Although I highly doubt it. It'll probably be some independent title I've never heard of.

Associate
OP
Indeed, people will moan whatever game it is.

Whether its NBA or one of the games you listed there will always be a vocal group of people that hate it. Don't forget these games are free.

Yes that will always be true, but from Epic's perspective its not really going to make people start up their launcher and take a look. Also just took a look at that game, 39% user rating on Steam with a release date of less than 9 months ago. And from the developer's perspective its suicidal, they risk the trust of their paying player base. A player base that paid £49.99 for the game just a few month prior.

I'm hoping that it's Metro Exodus. Although I highly doubt it. It'll probably be some independent title I've never heard of.

No, that's kind of the point. The whole effectiveness of these big giveaways are for games you have heard of.

Soldato
Plenty of Americans hate football but will still play Fifa games because it still translates to a good video game

Unless you ask anyone in a FIFA thread, where you'll be told it's the worst game ever*

*until next year's version comes out

:p

Associate
Although this can work positively too, I picked up Little Nightmares and absolutely loved it. May even buy the sequel now which obviously also benefits the developer, would not have even heard of it unless it popped up on Epic.

Back
Top Bottom