Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Soldato
Looking at Godfall and Valhalla again. Both still a touch pricey for my tastes. Tempted by Days Gone at £30 but more likely to wait until next time there's a magic voucher as it is still full price otherwise.

Man of Honour
I think the best strategy is to wait and see if the games you want are giveaways rather than just diving in and using the voucher. E.g. I want Metro Exodus and Crysis Remastered for £3.99 each, but maybe they will give one of them away over the next few weeks. So just get the free games each week, then before the £10 voucher expires (June 17th) start buying up the other games you want.

A bit like the old days of Steam sales, never buy a game that's not on the daily deal, just save up those purchases for the end.

Soldato
Just curious... do any of the UK's mobile phone networks allow you spend unused prepay credit in different stores? Epic accept Three credit AFAIK. In conjunction with the £10 voucher, there's potential for a huge shopping spree!

Soldato
I think the best strategy is to wait and see if the games you want are giveaways rather than just diving in and using the voucher. E.g. I want Metro Exodus and Crysis Remastered for £3.99 each, but maybe they will give one of them away over the next few weeks. So just get the free games each week, then before the £10 voucher expires (June 17th) start buying up the other games you want.

A bit like the old days of Steam sales, never buy a game that's not on the daily deal, just save up those purchases for the end.

valid take but up till now a game featured in the current sale has never been given away at the same time previously.

doesn't mean it can’t happen but seems unlikely going by past sales

Soldato
Just tried to buy Metro Exodus but it's asking me for a parental control pin to complete the purchase, even though I don't even have parental controls enabled.

I had the exact same issue. Click on forgot pin and then go through the steps to create one. After doing so, check that the parental settings are off (they are by default) and then proceed as normal.

Caporegime
I think the best strategy is to wait and see if the games you want are giveaways rather than just diving in and using the voucher. E.g. I want Metro Exodus and Crysis Remastered for £3.99 each, but maybe they will give one of them away over the next few weeks.

Even if that did happen, Epic are pretty good and will give you your money back.

Soldato
We got four last year; Easter, May, September, and Christmas.

The £10 voucher is only in the Mega and Holiday sale. There's also more than 4 sales throughout the year.
  • Epic Games Store Spring Sale 2021 - March 25 - April 8
  • Epic Games Store Mega Sale 2021 - May 20 - June 17
  • Epic Games Store Summer Sale 2021 - Expected July 22 - August 5
  • Epic Games Store Halloween Sale 2021 - Expected October 21 - November 4
  • Epic Games Store Black Friday Sale 2021 - Expected November 26 - December 3
  • Epic Games Store + The Game Awards Flash Sale 2021 - Early or mid December
  • Epic Games Store Holiday Sale 2021 - Expected December 16 - January 6, 2022
Happy to be proven wrong.

Caporegime
I had the exact same issue. Click on forgot pin and then go through the steps to create one. After doing so, check that the parental settings are off (they are by default) and then proceed as normal.

I just went to Task Manager and ended the 'Epic launcher' and when I restarted it the games were in my library anyway.

Soldato
The £10 voucher is only in the Mega and Holiday sale. There's also more than 4 sales throughout the year.
  • Epic Games Store Spring Sale 2021 - March 25 - April 8
  • Epic Games Store Mega Sale 2021 - May 20 - June 17
  • Epic Games Store Summer Sale 2021 - Expected July 22 - August 5
  • Epic Games Store Halloween Sale 2021 - Expected October 21 - November 4
  • Epic Games Store Black Friday Sale 2021 - Expected November 26 - December 3
  • Epic Games Store + The Game Awards Flash Sale 2021 - Early or mid December
  • Epic Games Store Holiday Sale 2021 - Expected December 16 - January 6, 2022
Happy to be proven wrong.

https://www.techradar.com/news/rock...et-a-dollar10-voucher-just-for-downloading-it

That was the September one.

Back
Top Bottom