Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Soldato
Steam aren’t your friend, just play the game where it’s cheapest and move on.

No but many of us have had steam accounts for over a decade, never had any major issues with it, know it's got a robust refund policy for companies doing dodgy stuff and arguably more important it's got a multiplayer system that makes it easy to play with friends, we'd need to find those friends on other platforms (if they even have those platforms) if we wanted to play there. Bottom line is unless it's a single player game, it'll get bought on Steam so I can play with other people, who have most likely bought it on Steam (or a key elsewhere and then redeemed on Steam).

I've been using Steam since Half-Life, it works.

Soldato
No but many of us have had steam accounts for over a decade, never had any major issues with it, know it's got a robust refund policy for companies doing dodgy stuff and arguably more important it's got a multiplayer system that makes it easy to play with friends, we'd need to find those friends on other platforms (if they even have those platforms) if we wanted to play there. Bottom line is unless it's a single player game, it'll get bought on Steam so I can play with other people, who have most likely bought it on Steam (or a key elsewhere and then redeemed on Steam).

I've been using Steam since Half-Life, it works.
Kind of me in a nutshell there, I really really hate paying for something I already have but a lot of people I know are on steam only.

Soldato
Games should be multi platform.

You buy a key that allows you to play on any platform of your choosing.

At the end of the day it's the same game. Why should I if I already own a license for game x have to buy another license for game x just to play it on a different platform.
you can blame valve for starting it. up until steam you bought a game, you got a key and that was that. Half Life 2 changed it all.

The good news is regardless of platform (on PC) most / almost all multiplayer games are cross platform anyway.......... further more more and more games are full crossplatform these days, allowing xbox, pc, ps5 and switch to play together.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Don't understand the appeal of an "ordinary simulator", seems dull in real life, so why would I want to play a game about it. If it's something you have interested in, and if there is a reason to play a game about it, then sure. But Farming Simulator, PC Building Simulator, I don't get. A flight simulatoe, or something like that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom