• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*EPIC THREAD* Major Problems with Coollaboratory Liquid Pro Thermal Compound DEAD CPU

Associate
First time reading this thread, absolutely ******* brilliant :D

I then decided I shall order some of the stuff and finally delid my CPU.

And then found out I can't with my 4820k :(

Major sadness, but major LOLs nonetheless

Soldato
Yeah, havent seen this before just got around to reading it. I don't think I've ever heard of it, so out of touch with TIM tech, gonna have a catch up now, things have probably moved on since my AS3/5 days

Associate
I have run liquid pro on 2x 780 Ti's, 2x 980's and on the IHS of a 3770k and 4790k. No issues whatsoever for me and many, many months of 24/7 use.

To remove this stuff with zero scrubbing, just use isopropyl alcohol, I use the little injection swab cloths, just wipes of like butter with very little residue.

You do need to be careful as it will make tiny balls when you clean it off with isopropyl alcohol, so have to be extra careful for them not to go where they shouldn't.

Associate
What is this, a T-1000, or something??!! :D

Pretty much. :p Little pool of liquid metal that parts and rejoins like the T-1000.

It's well worth getting some, prepping right and watching the temps plummet. Electrical tape placed vertically around your target will leave you with zero spills and you just use a cotton bud to apply it. ;)

I think people would be surprised just how much comes out of the syringe with the smallest pressure. I can imagine some overzealous users spraying the motherboard with it. :p Just do a practice squirt on some paper and you'll be fine.

Associate
It's so easy to apply.... If your hands are shaking like the eart in San Andreas then maybe you can ask someone else, usually i ask my GF, women are very good such things, believe me.

Soldato
The temperatures reported on the Dell Latitude earlier are pretty decent. Used to use the same model for work, and it was a bit toasty with AS5.
I've always been too scared to use this, incase I was like the OP in this comedy thread, but think I might need to get some!

Associate
Not seen this thread in donkeys years. Funnily enough my corsair H100 pump died a couple weeks back and been avoiding taking it off as I don't fancy cleaning clp. God knows what it will look like after 18 months.

Back
Top Bottom