Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
a group of players that are capable of playing the way he wants.

Does he really? Average forwards and a young striker, second/third choice defenders. New midfielder untested in EPL. Dodgy keeper who can't kick, prone to errors.

It feels like (and plays like) a make-shift setup.

Probably good enough for top 6, if nothing improves after the first two matches.

Last edited:
Does he really? Average forwards and a young striker, second/third choice defenders. New midfielder untested in EPL.

At this point, if he doesn't have the players to play the way he wants, then he clearly doesn't have much of a playing style in mind.

You aren't afforded the luxury of having 11 world class, league tested players in every position. That won't happen, he's got to develop them and the team. No sign of this in his tenure so far.

I have no real issue with some bad results on the way, but I expect to see much better performances than the utter garbage we had to endure last season.

At this point, if he doesn't have the players to play the way he wants, then he clearly doesn't have much of a playing style in mind.

You aren't afforded the luxury of having 11 world class, league tested players in every position. That won't happen, he's got to develop them and the team. No sign of this in his tenure so far.

I have no real issue with some bad results on the way, but I expect to see much better performances than the utter garbage we had to endure last season.
Hopefully Ugarte is the magic sauce.

Does he really? Average forwards and a young striker, second/third choice defenders. New midfielder untested in EPL. Dodgy keeper who can't kick, prone to errors.

It feels like (and plays like) a make-shift setup.

Probably good enough for top 6, if nothing improves after the first two matches.
while all those things in your opening sentence may be true, ETH still needs to be getting something different from the team compared to last year. our results aren't the only thing that needs to improve - how the team performs has to be taken into consideration at least equally, if not maybe more so than actual results. playing like turd and winning with a wonder goal or a fluke has to stop being the 'norm'........despite the defeat and general malaise still surrounding the team i actually think they've not made a bad start to the season, given the issues in your first sentence.

that being said, it's silly to be talking about this just yet (eth's likely dismissal) as i said we're only 2 games into the season and despite the negativity we certainly have looked a whole lot better than we did after the 1st 2 games of the season last year.....yes we haven't looked anywhere near great but compared to this stage early last season, i'll take the little positives where i can get them :p

while all those things in your opening sentence may be true, ETH still needs to be getting something different from the team compared to last year.

Absolutely, and I agree with the rest of your post too.

I guess the broader point is that if ETH 'fails' then the new structure needs to take a long hard look at what's going on and what has gone on historically because they surely can't afford to give the next manager another £600m+.

Regarding development of players, perhaps they've maxed their development already? Given that we struggle to sell players and not many who leave do great after they leave is testament to this? Is it all on ETH?

Is it all on ETH?
Rashford not being able to look across the line and keep himself onside certainly can’t be blamed on eth. Keeping playing someone who can’t do such a relatively simple task is though. Unless his hands are tied, so to speak, and he has to pick Rashford I see absolutely no way any other top manager would keep picking him when he won’t/can’t do the basics.

Edit: for reference I’m actually quite pro ETH!

Last edited:
Rashford not being able to look across the line and keep himself onside certainly can’t be blamed on eth. Keeping playing someone who can’t do such a relatively simple task is though. Unless his hands are tied, so to speak, and he has to pick Rashford I see absolutely no way any other top manager would keep picking him when he won’t/can’t do the basics.

Edit: for reference I’m actually quite pro ETH!

Yeah you do have to wonder. I guess Garnacho performs best as a sub to, so there's that as well.

Back
Top Bottom