Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
I think the big issue here is you and your dead nan could have also taken Utd further in the CL than ETH did last season :p

No doubt but we threw away so many games in that group stage whilst being in total control. It was a mess but you cannot focus all the blame on the manager. A lot of it was mentality and individual player errors. In 18/19 ETH got 12 points with his Ajax team out of a group consisting of Bayern and Benfica. Not losing a single game and getting 12 points finishing second. Then to knockout holders Madrid quite convincingly and then beating Juve in the quarters. Then go to his final season at Ajax he won the group with the maximum 18 points with a goal difference of +15.

@adam cool dude

With respect I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Now he has another season, as mentioned previous, I just don't see it despite injuries etc.

Seen nothing from him that inspires confidence.

You can go over previous stats and whatever else, in my opinion he has shown nothing that will bring "this" United team forward.

Loved to be proved wrong and if so great, and I will owe you an apology ;)

Pretty sure other clubs had numerous injuries throughout the season.. I'm also pretty sure we've been told that the Dutch league is a bag of ****, but now its super duper important

I think that's me done for this thread now as next season is next season.

Can argue and discuss as much as you want. But it's a case now of looking to next season.

What's been done has been done, lots of different opinions here of course, and that's how it's meant to be.

I don't see it, just don't, as have seen nothing that will change my mind.

On to next season now re ETH and United.

Bring it on.

The thing is, whatever your view, we can't do anything about it so just have to hope for the best. Last season was utterly horrendous but there have been some positive signs we can cling to, 2x trophies and ETH's previous work at Ajax, as well as his first season at Man Utd.

Just forget last season and let's hope INEOS can sign some suitable players, my main frustration is the Ashworth situation etc, it will be holding things back a fair bit.

But, make no mistake, he will be under serious pressure to get results immediately in the Premier League. Do I think he'll succeed? 50/50 at best... but I am hopeful all the same.

No doubt but we threw away so many games in that group stage whilst being in total control. It was a mess but you cannot focus all the blame on the manager. A lot of it was mentality and individual player errors. In 18/19 ETH got 12 points with his Ajax team out of a group consisting of Bayern and Benfica. Not losing a single game and getting 12 points finishing second. Then to knockout holders Madrid quite convincingly and then beating Juve in the quarters. Then go to his final season at Ajax he won the group with the maximum 18 points with a goal difference of +15.
The CL you can pretty much blame entirely on Onana. He has since stepped up though, thank god.

The thing is, whatever your view, we can't do anything about it so just have to hope for the best. Last season was utterly horrendous but there have been some positive signs we can cling to, 2x trophies and ETH's previous work at Ajax, as well as his first season at Man Utd.

Just forget last season and let's hope INEOS can sign some suitable players, my main frustration is the Ashworth situation etc, it will be holding things back a fair bit.

But, make no mistake, he will be under serious pressure to get results immediately in the Premier League. Do I think he'll succeed? 50/50 at best... but I am hopeful all the same.

Agreed - we're all trying far too hard to make a case for both arguments (for the sake of such...) when the sample size is far too small and there's far too many variables. Both sides have equal merit at this point IMO.

I'm glad INEOS are sticking as it's one important variable we can keep consistent amongst changes.

The CL you can pretty much blame entirely on Onana. He has since stepped up though, thank god.

Exactly we collapsed in all of those games and mainly due to Onana being a liability in the early stage of the season. The mentality of the players has been weak like that for a long time. Even before ETH came in. Everyone totally ignores the master class we did against Barcelona in the Europa League the previous season who were the run away winners of La Liga that season.

Exactly we collapsed in all of those games and mainly due to Onana being a liability in the early stage of the season. The mentality of the players has been weak like that for a long time. Even before ETH came in. Everyone totally ignores the master class we did against Barcelona in the Europa League the previous season who were the run away winners of La Liga that season.
Also missed the masterclass vs Coventry.

Especially so when the masterclass of ETH made the changes.

Back
Top Bottom