Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Done a couple of customs runs with my son, why do we have different extraction points?

If you joined in a party then you’ll both have different extract points but at least one common extract.

Definitely easy to forget when one takes lead, I’ve done it before with a new player and I’ve extracted then he’s asked “where did you go?”

Soldato
Done a quite a few runs this afternoon, definitely getting the hang of it. Tricky to know what to sell and what to keep. I did the med station, security and generator in my hideout and just found i now need fuel...

Soldato
This game is so counter intuitive its unreal, an exercise in frustration.

Had a couple of good games tonight as a new player losing all my bonus starter pack stuff, then did a loot run with a mate only to be greeted by a spawn camper.

Whats the refund policy like?

Soldato
This game is so counter intuitive its unreal, an exercise in frustration.

Had a couple of good games tonight as a new player losing all my bonus starter pack stuff, then did a loot run with a mate only to be greeted by a spawn camper.

Whats the refund policy like?

did you watch/read any stuff on how to play as a new player?

I've just been doing scav runs and come away with weapons/armour etc - No even bothered with my own character yet.

Associate
can recommend pestily's current series. full playthrough for newbies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhzNj4Fpcs&list=PLZJoJ7H5Zfou35S9qHj_lza1n-geWBW3s

also just loot everything in the beginning. any of my runs i was always full (mostly crap) that i would sell. after a while you find out what is worth more than zippos and matches :p
also not when if you can't loot anymore guns because of space just take attachments off i.e. scopes, suppressors, grips.

you can make money quite easily in this. i have about 15% survival rate still got over 1mil roubles at the mo in my ~70 raids. i know im bad :o

Soldato
Tbf I was preferring to learn as I go on but starting a run with my mate and dying almost straight away because my stamina was too low means I'll probably have to!

Preferring solo scav runs atm purely cos I can't lose anything, no idea why I would want to risk my loot, lost all my starting gear already lol

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Once you start to learn what items are worth looting / valuable on scav runs and your PMC hits level 5 the game opens up an awful lot because you get access to the Flea Market. It's a player market place where you can buy and sell anything and will give you access to items traders won't sell you. My PMC is only level 18/19 as I haven't put a lot of hours into this wipe yet I'm running around with class 5 armour and end-game ammo because I've made good money from the scav runs I have done.

Ammo and armour will be the biggest blocker you face as a newer player. Class 5 armour against the ammunition you have ready access to you might as well bang your head against the wall. You will lose a lot of gunfights and it will be frustrating, but as you learn where (and equally as important, how) to move around the maps you'll learn to read situations better, you'll recognise which gunshots belong to which weapons, when to rush in head first, when to sit back and let a gunfight play out before swooping in. Tactically the game is unrivalled in my opinion. But you'll always come across thiccbois who run around willy-nilly with the best armour available and sponge rounds because their aim is on point and they can afford to be aggressive/reckless. One well placed shot can take down anyone on 99% of scenarios though (again, ammo dependent).

Your first few missions will be centered around the Customs map so that's a good one to learn. Most higher level players sit predominantly on the Reserve map at the moment as the loot is far better there, so you shouldn't come across too many challenges. There are also certain characteristics of the game you need to adapt to - for example if you're not wearing armour, or very low rates armour, and you start shooting a scav but fail to kill him, if he's fired rounds at you already don't re-peak the same corner as he'll be zeroed in on your face and you'll likely die.

Can definitely recommend DeadlySlob's videos and streams, he's a very likeable character with an upbeat personality. Kotton is very marmite and most people don't like his meme/toxic-centered humour. Klean is a very good player that plays the game how I would expect it to be played - he clears his sectors and methodically moves through the map. Some people get put off his stream as he seems a bit hateful, for lack of a better word, towards viewers but again that's just his humour - he's a very knowledgeable bloke about the game as he used to be one of the community moderators and is constantly talking to the lead dev. People like Pestily and GhostFreak I avoid watching for the most part - they're playstyle isn't to my taste, and whilst they're both very adept at the game, I think it takes away what the game tries to promote - they're hyper aggressive players that use the full range of what's available to them; GhostFreak is renowned for using a thermal scope to scan huge swathes of maps for targets before rushing headlong towards them and blasting them away without the other person having a clue what's going on. Makes for entertaining watching at times but he makes it seem far easier than it actually is.

Soldato
Just for the record - nice friendly thread and helpful comments here. Thanks gents.

I'm around most nights on discord if anyone else is.

Soldato
Right - more questions!

Did my first PMC run - 7 scav kills, ended up having to hustle for the extract as I was low on meds and bleeding out.

Anyway - come away with what looks like a fully decked AK47 - loads of attachments on it, silencer, grip etc - Worth around 68k

Also got a Remington Model 700 sniper rifle worth around 43k,

Next scav run got a SKS & MP153 shotgun.

Anyway - do you automatically heal over time when in the menu or do you still have to use meds to get back to full health as PMC??

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Yes you will heal over time. If I remember correctly, and they haven't tweaked the rates, it used to take 20 (or 30) minutes to fully recover if you had died in a raid. So times itself well with doing a scav run to keep yourself busy. You can of course buy meds and use them up. The Med Station upgrades in the Hideout will increase healing rate, and also open a whole host of crafting options to make meds too.

Back
Top Bottom