1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Escape from Tarkov

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Twirlywoos, Nov 25, 2015.

1. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Everyone says customs but its a tough map, then again, if you can master customs, most others should be a doddle.

Also get on the Discord, getting a strong tarkov community on there. Lots of patience and help on offer for new players.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-unofficial-discord-channel.18712831/

2. CliffyG

Capodecina

I think Customs is wise to start with as so many quests are based there. Just avoid Dorms for now.

3. Rust In Peace

Gangster

Ok guys will do thanks for the advice.

4. Mynight

Soldato

Customs,
    Shorelines
    Woods
    Interchange

Only four I've played in order of how easy they are to remember/play. Customs has lots of noob friendly maps (I need noob friendly).

I'm just toggling between scav runs to get some guns and then PMCs to donate said guns to other players whilst trying to complete missions. Seems to be the best way I've found.

5. Devlish

Soldato

Gonna have to suck it up for a bit, its a learning experience really but there will be lots of moments of wtf. Ive come along somewhat but still made a single stupid mistake as a scav that cost me a lab card and a PMC right in the sights of my uniquely well equipped gun. Scavs generally have good guns, terrible ammo for the most part, so you can unload into someone point blank and get nothing but shot in the face. Id hop onto the tarkov reddit, lots of noob friendly topics and answers.

6. sirp

Gangster

I personally find interchange the easiest to play if the goal is getting some loot and escaping, it's been the easiest by far to extract as the locations are easy to find.

I think customs is harder to extract from. I have been killed with no idea where from many times on that map.

This is advice from a complete novice on it. I started on customs due to similar advice and died way more on that map than interchange.

7. Mynight

Soldato

Might well just be the case of playtime then. I can’t get my head around interchange it looks so similar and the boss is a bitch lol. Damn good loot though.

8. neckbeardthethird

Wise Guy

Reserve is best map for quick money as it's small and the high value loot areas are all within about 100 meters of the manhole extract. Interchange is good but way more dangerous than reserve and the good loot is more spread out thus it's slower to make money on it.

9. Milkybk

Soldato

Cliffy is right, customs is the best place to start. Most of the early game quests are on that map.

10. YoungBlood

Wise Guy

Is there a pouch you can take into a raid who's contents you don't loose on death? Secure pouch or something...

Idk I just caught the end of a stream and they were talking about it, but missed the details.

11. 4Play

Hitman

Thanks for having me along tonight gents. Was great fun, look forward to doing it again!

12. Milkybk

Soldato

Yes, everyone has a secure container. Only certain items can be placed in it though.

13. Justo

Associate

What servers are people here playing on? I checked London in Battlestate app but matchmaking is very slow, so I put it back on auto but games are pretty laggy

14. Boycey0211

Soldato

I ticked all the boxes that have a ping under 80, so think that was about 6 servers, no problem since

15. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Wow...so since two days ago, hitting install on any upgrade in the hideout crashes my pc entirely. Tried an assortment of workarounds and the only thing that sorts it is dropping the screen resolution from 2k so something lower.

What's strange is that i've installed loads of upgrades previously with no issue. Did some benchmarks and tests on my PC last night with no issue so definitely been Tarkov'd :D

16. Justo

Associate

Cheers il do that

17. Puppetmaster

Soldato

I've been doing a few scav runs just learning the game map etc. My stash is pretty much rammed now and wondering what to sell? I'm only level 3 and have not unlocked the flea market either.

18. Zenduri

Soldato

Easiest way is to get on discord and go live and let someone talk you through it

19. neckbeardthethird

Wise Guy

Type the name of the item into here

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Escape_from_Tarkov_Wiki

Check if its needed for for future tasks or your hideout, if it is then keep it, sell everything else

20. physichull

Sgarrista

I don't play this game and I'm sure its fun to play, but oh my its dull to watch on a streamers channel. Half the time watching them just organise their gear.

Half my favourite PUBG streamers are playing this now, I just can't watch them anymore.