Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Any plans for female avatars do you know?

not that I'm aware - there was a dev's stream last night or the night before I think - nothing like that mentioned. Small incremental improvements here and there. Game has literally taken over for me in the last 6 weeks since I bought it - love it /hate it / frustrating / delighting / nervous / panic / elation /sweat inducing etc etc - all in one game. Been gaming for 25 years - nothing has grabbed me like this.

Man of Honour
not that I'm aware - there was a dev's stream last night or the night before I think - nothing like that mentioned. Small incremental improvements here and there. Game has literally taken over for me in the last 6 weeks since I bought it - love it /hate it / frustrating / delighting / nervous / panic / elation /sweat inducing etc etc - all in one game. Been gaming for 25 years - nothing has grabbed me like this.

Pity, hopefully they add female avatars, as then my missus is more likely to play (she doesnt like playing as male avatars in games)

Soldato
Pity, hopefully they add female avatars, as then my missus is more likely to play (she doesnt like playing as male avatars in games)

They've said no multiple times, both from a lore perspective (they've said it would be highly unlikely to get female operatives in the games setting) and becuase they'd have to redo all the hitboxes and stuff

Man of Honour
They've said no multiple times, both from a lore perspective (they've said it would be highly unlikely to get female operatives in the games setting) and becuase they'd have to redo all the hitboxes and stuff

Cant see the hitboxes would be needing to be done, surely all the male characters are the same size, so all female avatars would just be a matching size. But if theres a lore reason then thats fair enough. Pity though, the missus likes the looks of it and would be good for us to team up on it. Guess we'll have to stick with PUBG for our teaming shooting then

Soldato
The Twitter militia were out in force over this topic a couple of weeks ago.

Aye, I'm all for equality in gaming but ultimately it wouldn't stop me playing a game if I had to play a female character.

Doesn't seem to have been an issue up until the last couple of years either. Conflicts in general have a hugely higher amount of male combatants so I can sort of see where they're coming from, I'm fine with the game as it is without seeing chebbs bouncing around all over the place

Man of Honour
Aye, I'm all for equality in gaming but ultimately it wouldn't stop me playing a game if I had to play a female character.

Doesn't seem to have been an issue up until the last couple of years either. Conflicts in general have a hugely higher amount of male combatants so I can sort of see where they're coming from, I'm fine with the game as it is without seeing chebbs bouncing around all over the place

I'm happy to play as female characters in most things, like tomb raider etc, though oddly I find it really difficult to click with a female character in an MMO and need it to be a male character.

The reason I asked though was for my missus, she is interested in the game but she likes to play as female characters in games. Political correctness gone mad, as Stewart Lee would say :)

Man of Honour
Ya I don't think anyone hung up over the make-believe gender of a game character would last very long inside the Tarkov world...

You'd be surprised, shes pretty damned good at most hardcore shooters, including some which are more hardcore than Tarkov. Not sure that preference of what your character looks like necessarily equates to toughness :D

Associate
It was the animation work that they cited for not adding female PMCs. There are so many animations for the actions, many that still aren't added for the male mesh.
I've seen people say that you can just reuse the same animation on the new female model but that it can look janky. I don't think that's BSGs style. They have already redone a much of the old animations they weren't happy with.

Associate
The Twitter militia were out in force over this topic a couple of weeks ago.

To be fair the quote they got grief for was pretty cringe, although it turned out it was 3 years old.

Did you consider having female characters playable?

We considered that, but we came to the conclusion that women are not allowed to be in war.

But these days, women are in the military…

I can agree with you and we discussed it for a very long time, but we came to the conclusion that women can’t handle that amount of stress. There’s only place for hardened men in this place.

Their game, their choice, doesn't bother me either way... but it's a bit of a needless statement to have made.

Man of Honour
I suppose really, and this might be considered sexist, that its not a genre (realistic shooters) that has a high percentage of female gamers. My missus is quite unusual in liking it.

Soldato

nothing quite like a bare back rat run in tarkov. especially after dark.

you sees me running off with all da lewtz with no body armour and no gun...

i see you hatin...

Back
Top Bottom