Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Just checking in on progress; is it still a world of cheaters?

admittedly not played for about 4/5 months - but having 2000 hours in the game before that, it was never bad with cheaters..

if you stayed away from Labs - I would say I maybe came across 3 or 4 blatant cheaters in 2000 hours. Very very rare in Tarkov.

Labs was bad for a while with the real money transfer situation but once they made the changes to accounts/flea market etc - it got better.

Compared to warzone where it's every 2nd/3rd game....lol

Soldato
admittedly not played for about 4/5 months - but having 2000 hours in the game before that, it was never bad with cheaters..

if you stayed away from Labs - I would say I maybe came across 3 or 4 blatant cheaters in 2000 hours. Very very rare in Tarkov.

I'll echo this, can count on fingers amount of times blatant hackers have been about, same hours as boo.

Associate
Ditto on this, way less hours than Booyaka and sixtwosix but still lots. When I do go online ( I mainly play the single player mod nowadays) I can't even remember a time when I thought I caught someone cheating/hacking.
However I do limit the servers I play on to low ping European ones.

Soldato
Never said there were no cheaters but the times in over 2000 hours of gameplay it's been 'raid breaking' or overtly noticeable is virtually zero. All games have cheaters, that's a given, it's nowhere near the problem some people like to perpetuate.

I've been off it the last 6 months or so and actually fired it back up for the first time again last night, fell straight back into old habits and patterns on customs, feel myself slipping back down the rabbithole.

Associate
Looks like the scav AI has been revamped. When you find them in the open and take a shot (whether you hit them or not) they sneak off and take cover and don't come out until you come into view and then it's a headshot to you. It's annoying as you can feel like you dropped them but the body is in grass etc.. and you have to walk through to make the extract but then have little chance to react when the shot comes out the blue.

Soldato
You guys are crazy with these "there are almost no cheaters" posts. It's been demonstrated to be a huge problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7LwDfL79Do

Not just a labs problem. And that's just radar hacks. Not counting aimbots etc.

That's a 2 year old youtube video...from someone who has 1.5k subs.

hardly showing rampant abuse/cheating

Like I say- I can only go on the 2000 odd hours I have and my experience and the amount of blatant cheaters is tiny....

There are no "free" accounts, it's expensive to buy, so less people are going to risk cheating. Unlike COD where you can just make a new account, install cheats and off you go.

Soldato
Looks like the scav AI has been revamped. When you find them in the open and take a shot (whether you hit them or not) they sneak off and take cover and don't come out until you come into view and then it's a headshot to you. It's annoying as you can feel like you dropped them but the body is in grass etc.. and you have to walk through to make the extract but then have little chance to react when the shot comes out the blue.

6 months away and coming back to olde style scav terminators from January 2017 :(

Soldato
Finally got round to this - thought I was going to be s*** hot at it because dayz is my main game. Honestly don't know what's going on. Just getting one tapped straight in the bonce, as soon as I enter any raid :cry:

Associate
I've played this game for quite a while, I usually play it for a month or two after each wipe, then it gets a bit stale. I remember when I first started tho... unknowingly it was 2 weeks before a wipe, so everyone was running their best gear. Meaning me with a puny makarov kept getting headshotted with no clue from where or how. Turns out it was because people could see me on their thermal scopes from far away :p

Soldato
Its deffo the most intense first person shooter out there thou, the amount of jump scares you get for a non horror game as well, very hard/unforgiven game thou, but thats what makes it so great.

Associate
I was 'placing' a quest item in hut 2 on woods. Hold F for 30 seconds for much funnage. It was very quiet...
Then out of nowhere a scav says a voice line right behind me (well, just outside the hut on the side I hadn't cleared). I jumped sooo hard!

Soldato
oh dear - getting dragged back into this again.....promised myself I wouldn't go down this rabbit hole again.....

Stopped playing as I was burned out on it.... however nothing else floating my boat at the moment so back playing again!

Soldato
Buddies finally convinced me to give this game a go. It is quite a niche game, feels like Eve online of FPS shooters in so far as it feels more like a second job as opposed to a fun experience.

Played several matches and I just cannot for the life of me find a working exit. I find this no map and only some exits open quite mind boggling, I have a map open in browser to help me navigate but this alt tabbing gameplay is a bit strange at best, its just not fun. It's not possible to find an exit without a map yet there is no map in the game (the realistic one doesn't count as it doesn't help in any way to find an exit)

Game is definitely not for me and whilst I do think it has interesting intense gameplay, the whole unnecessary complexity in terms of map, trading, loot management (Tetris game) and finally mega puzzle that is how attachments work is making the game worse off.

Back
Top Bottom