Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've been trying out a few of the apps in here on my wildfire and i have to say rockplayer is terrible! downloaded a short youtube clip and the picture jerked and the sound barely played! Then again it did detect the processor as 'slow' so just use the default player for vids :) JetVD is cracking though.

Rockplayer uses the CPU in your phone, rather than any hardware accelleration, meaning it can support a wider range of codecs. Unfortunately the Wildfire as I remember is relatively weak.
Remember to get the best version for your phone too (there are three different version for different chipsets)

Associate
Just got my Desire this week, absolutely loving it! :D

However just a quick question to do with existing apps, how do I get them to update?

I've noticed they don't show as 'Installed' when I'm browsing through the market, is it OK just to install the one from the market and it'll install over the older one?

The apps in question are Maps, Voice Search, Google Search and Talk, all of which came pre-installed on the phone.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good app (dont mind paying) that automatically switches certain settings on the phone by time.

ie. Overnight the phone is on silent, but at a certain time it will switch back to normal. And Between 5pm and 10pm it automatically turns the wifi on, but only between those times.

I found a great program on WinMo, but looking for a good android version :)

Soldato
Rockplayer uses the CPU in your phone, rather than any hardware accelleration, meaning it can support a wider range of codecs. Unfortunately the Wildfire as I remember is relatively weak.
Remember to get the best version for your phone too (there are three different version for different chipsets)

didn't realise that there were different versions of it. will look again cos I'm sure I only saw one version on the market.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a good app (dont mind paying) that automatically switches certain settings on the phone by time.

ie. Overnight the phone is on silent, but at a certain time it will switch back to normal. And Between 5pm and 10pm it automatically turns the wifi on, but only between those times.

I found a great program on WinMo, but looking for a good android version :)

I use profile changer: http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/profile-changer_beua.html

Works perfectly for that, I never even think about what profile the phone is on now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom