€ Steam Users - Why pay more :o)

Using proxy's to get it to unlock games 3 days early is a bit shady but steam don't seem to care. But using proxys to buy games outside your zone would get you immediately banned as it violates the EULA.

You should be careful gimpy. They must have systems in place that pick up mass gifting on steam. It wouldn't take a genius to see that you are only gifting to those outside the country and you may find your self having to go to court to get your steam account back.

I think you were at least supposed to arrange it with him first, before just randomly sending money to him, you might want to try emailing him too in case he doesn't notice this thread tomorrow.

LOL

I keep getting random europeans adding me to Steam or sending me emails asking me to help them without even introducing themselves or posting in this thread.

Looks like this thread has been spammed around.

Hi,

Could you add me first as a steam friend, so I don't screw this up?

My username is *********, I tried adding you but I don't think you accepted.

Thanks,
Eduardo

Your right, I blocked you.

Sorry Eduardo, I dont know who you are so no way am I going to be accepting any payments from you.

Hey GimpyMoo :-)

I have requested two items through you as I was having problems with first paypal not working via steam, and then my card being declined when I tried to use steam for the very first time with my card. So if it's ok, I've sent a payment to you for two items in today's sale, but I'll have to wait until I get home to give you my steam id if that's ok?

Just had to jump on and say this is a great thing you're doing for the good of the community GimpyMoo :)

I too would just warn you of the possible dangers of being seemingly overly generous in the eyes of Steam and where the gifts are going to.

The UK get's ripped off for pricing all the time on other products.

The dollar is worth a lot less than the pound but you'll often find goods listed at the same price in dollars and pounds, which far exceeds any shipping cost to the supplier. Same with many goods from Europe.

Wow that is very considerate of you, even though I only live across the puddle Steam tries to crucify me with Euro prices so I only buy from Steam during their excellent sales. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom